SWITCHED :: 017

ONE WEEK LATER
"I don't know if we can change her back, Jungkook. Mrs. Min and I have tried everything." Mr. Min said, looking back inside the house, where Yejin and Taehyung cuddled on the couch while watching a movie. Jungkook saw a glance of the two, his heart shattering to pieces.
"Thank you, Mr. Min. I'll be leaving now." Jungkook bowed and left the premises. Mr. Min's brows were knitted, he hurt for Jungkook.

🥀

"It's supposed to be me," Jungkook whispered, his face smuggled by his pillow.
"I know. But we can't control this, JK. She can't even control it herself." Jimin said, rolling on to his side.
"She's become the Yejin we used to know. She isn't the one from the other world anymore."
"I know the parents said that they tried everything, and nothing worked, but, what if you did something? You know, like the true loves kiss thing." Jimin joked.
"Our lives aren't a fairy tale, Jimin." Jungkook frowned. Although Jimin wasn't there, he knew Jungkook was frowning and shaking his head at him.
"I know, but you could always try." Jimin said, fumbling around to his back again.

"Goodnight, Jimin."
"Keep in mind...my words. Goodnight, Jungkookie." Jimin spoke before ending the call on the male.

Jungkook stared at his ceiling, frowning.

True loves kiss.

True loves kiss.

Jungkook shook the silly thought out of his head and closed his eyes, trying so hard to focus on sleep.

The sleeping never happened.

🥀

A single solemn male walked alone on the sidewalk. Jungkook held on tightly to his bag, walking slower than ever. Jimin drove up beside the male, "Need a ride?" Jungkook laughed, opening the car door and getting inside.

A red car drove past theirs. It was Taehyung's, and they had caught a glimpse of Yejin inside also.

🥀

The couple held hands every chance they got. Taehyung waited outside Yejin's class two minutes before the bell rang.

Jungkook watched from afar, imagining that it was him who held hands with her while they walked down the halls, him waiting outside her class every period, waiting for her to come out. But, it wasn't him. It was Kim Taehyung. The one who was more popular, more handsome, the one with more money, who had rich parents and a big house. The jealousy and insecurities that gnawed at his being no matter how many reassurance from yejin he got, he can't help but feel at fault, his yejin or not. Jungkook got off of the wall he was leaning on and walked away.

🥀

"What the hell is your plan?" Jimin questioned, pushing Bora against a car. (Gently, though. Our baby don't hurt people like that.)
"What are you talking about?" Bora questioned, pushing her hair back behind her ear. Jimin's glare sharpened, "You were the one who posted those damn rumors, aren't you?"
"I didn't post any rumors, Park Jimin."
"Don't lie." Jimin growled.
"I'm not. I was sending party invites to the graduation party." Bora said, her lips beside his ears.

🥀

Taehyung dropped Yejin off at her house, giving her a kiss and a hug, "I'll see you tomorrow. I'll call you when you get home, alright."
"Okay." Before Taehyung left, Yejin gave him another, very long, kiss.

🥀

"Hey, you're finally home." Namjoon said, sipping his tea. Taehyung placed his bag down, walking over to the older brother.
"Just dropping Yejin off."
"You're really down for her." Namjoon chuckled, placing his mug down. Taehyung nodded, "Yeah. Before, I used to despise her because of her bullying ways. But three months ago, she walked into my room during that party, and I felt like something had changed. I have no idea what, but, I knew I was going to fall for her."
"Everything beautiful can sometimes bring the unexpected." Namjoon said, standing up and putting his mug in the sink. He gave Taehyung a tight hug and walked up to his room.