PARALLEL LOVERS :: 006

It was about a week later when Yejin finally built up the courage to walk up to Jungkook and talk to him.

     "GO!" Jimin strained, pushing the female over. With all of her might, she rejected him.
     "I don't want him to go off again! Last time I tried to approach him, he yelled at me." Yejin frowned, twiddling her thumbs. Jimin frowned, "Fine, I guess you'll never become friends with him ever again. And you'll just spend the rest of your life wishing you had approached him." Jimin said, turning around and walking away.
     "Come with me." Yejin said, pulling Jimin with her.

     "Hey, Jungkook." Jimin started, smiling at the male. He looked straight to the female behind him.
     "What's Yejin doing here?" Jimin chuckled nervously, "Ha, about that, she wants to say something to you." Jimin pushes her forward. Jungkook rolls his eyes, "What?" his tone was full of disinterest. Yejin nervously smiled, but inside, she was being ripped apart. Inside she knew he wanted nothing to do with her.

     "Uh...-"

     "Yejin! What are you doing over here?" Bora asked, linking her arms with Yejin. She stared at Jungkook and Jimin with a stare of disgust. Yejin sighed, leaving with Bora.

     Jimin leaned against one of the lockers next to Jungkook, "Just try to listen to her." Jungkook slammed his locker shut, "I'm actually surprised you'd be giving her another chance after knowing what she did to you."
     "She's changed." Jimin tried to counter. Jungkook scoffed, "I'll see you later, Jimin." The male placed a hand on Jimin's shoulder, patting it. He then walked away to his next class. Jimin sighed, his gaze following Jungkook until the boy disappeared over the corner. He turned back and walked to class.

🌌

     "Where are we going?" Yejin asked, walking to the car with Bora.
     "We're skipping. Did you forget that we have mani pedis scheduled for today?" Bora said, taking her keys out and starting her car. Yejin got in the passenger seat and they were off to the salon. Yejin stared out the window, sorrow and gratefulness fulfilling her. Sorrow because she couldn't talk to him, she didn't get the chance to. And the fact that he might not want to listen to her. Not even a glance. And grateful because she was pulled away.

🌌

     Bora laid back, sighing with relaxation, "Isn't this great?" Still tense, Yejin lied through her teeth, "It's amazing. I haven't felt so relaxed."
     "Let's talk about why you were with Jimin and Jungkook earlier." Bora said, her tone completely different. Yejin turned to look at her, "What about it?"
     "Like, why were you talking with them in the first place? And I feel like you're starting to ditch me and the girls for them." Yejin chuckled, "No, I have a plan. I just have to get them to trust me," she said, looking away from Bora.
     "Ou, what is this plan of yours? Tell me all about it." Bora said, leaning over.

     "Please don't do that." the worker said, pulling Bora back into position.

🌌

     "Waiting for lil miss traitor?" Jungkook asked, walking up behind Jimin. Jimin turned around, "Jungkook, she's changed. I promise."
     "Then where was she all day?"
     "She said Bora dragged her to a nail salon." Jungkook scoffed, "Jimin, can't you see she's playing a trick on you?"
     "No she isn't! This Yejin is different! She's not the same." Jimin said, his fists curled up in a ball so tight it was paler than the clouds in the sky. Jungkook cocked a brow, "I get what this is." Jimin stepped down from his defensive state, "What are you talking about?"
     "You like her, huh?"

Jimin rolled his eyes, "I do not like Yejin, Jungkook. But, I know she's changed."
     "Jimin, you're such a naive soul." Jungkook said, walking away. Jimin sighed, angrily. He turned to face the street, waiting for the pedestrian light to light up.