PARALLEL LOVERS :: 004

"Honey, are you ready to go?" Mrs. Min called, grabbing her bag.
"Of course, I'm ready to go. I've been ready." Yejin tied her shoelaces and grabbed the lunch her mother prepared on the counter.

🌌

"Hey, you two. I missed you guys." Mr. Min said, walking over with his arms open. The two females gave him a hug, getting their bags down and food on the counter.

"What were you working on, dad?" Yejin asked, looking around the laboratory.
"We were working on a device that could travel someone to another universe." Yejin scrunched her face together, "Does it actually work?"
"Of course it works, Honey. I, along with my brilliant coworkers, invented it." He spoke proudly.
"So...it'll send us to a totally different universe?" Yejin looked at the device. She gulped.
"Yep. But it has not been tested, so we shouldn't toy around with it. We don't know how something or someone will return after being sent out. And we also do not know where it could send something or someone." Yejin nodded with understanding.

Mr. Min turned for a second to check the email that was sent to him. He typed quickly and turned back. He knocked over his drink and spilled it all over the controls. The parallel world device started up. Surges of electricity formed between it. It created a type of hole...kind of like a black hole, but the color was a light blue with dark blue around the edges.

"Yejin, MOVE!" Mr. Min called, rushing over to her. Yejin was frozen in fear. What was going to happen to her? Where was she going to be taken? Even if she wanted to run away, there was a force pulling at her, a force she couldn't beat, and within a second, she was gone...and so was the blue light.

"What...what the hell just happened?" Mrs. Min screeched. She ran over to the device, looking around. "Where is my daughter?! Where is my Yejin?!" She pulled at her hair and her breathing became faster and shorter. Mr. Min rushed over, "Don't worry, my Love. I will fix this, no matter how long it takes."
"You better get our daughter back. That— that thing— it took our baby!" Mrs. Min screeched. Tears were running down her cheeks like rivers.

🌌

Yejin's eyes opened up. She lifted herself up. She looked around her room. It was totally different. The walls were a different color, she had a vanity next to the window and a huge mirror wall. Yejin scratched the back of her head, "What the hell is going on?" She stood, walking downstairs to the kitchen where her mother would be.

"Good morning, Honey."
"Dad? What? Why are you home?" Yejin asked. She looked around the room, "And where is mom?"
"She's working at the laboratory. She's been there all week. I just got home from visiting her." Mr. Min said. He was wiping the counters. Yejin cocked a brow, "Why didn't you take me with?"
"You hate going to the laboratory, Yejin. I'm sorry, I didn't know you wanted to go, too. I'll ask you next time I go." Yejin nodded slowly.

She walked around the house, looking at the pictures and trophies. She stared at the achievements with her mother's name on it.

"This is supposed to have my dad's name," she whispered to herself. She looked around more. The furniture was the same, the carpeting was the same, but the home decor was all different.

"Um...I'm going out, Dad."
"Where are you going?"
"The store." Yejin replied, hoping to get out as quickly as possible.
"Ohh, you and Bora are going to the mall today, huh. Alright, just be home before dark. Have fun!"
"Bye, Dad! Love you!"

"Bora? What the hell? When did I start hanging out with Bora?" Yejin walked out of the house and went down the street, to where Jungkook's house was. Wanting to knock on the door, she knew he would just close the door on her. She sighed and walked past his house, "This is weird. My mom? In a laboratory? And my dad...at home?"