Chapter forty-two

Start from the beginning

"Hey!" I say, throwing a fry at him.

"What? You're taken now." he says, shrugging.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I ask.

"The attention isn't the same anymore." he answers.

"I knew you were an attention whore." I mumble.

"I mean hey if the shoe fits me, I'll wear it." Joshua says, shrugging.

I just roll my eyes and chuckle.

"So what do you say Danny, do you take me back?" Joshua asks, teasingly.

"I don't know yet." Daniel answers, with his glass to his mouth staring at something in the restaurant. "Ask me after you take me to a dinner and a movie."

"Playing hard to get I see." Joshua says, smirking.

"Always." Daniel replies, smiling."So, does Shannon know about the whole Story calling you dad yet?" Daniel asks, going back to the original topic.

"Nope, and it's going to stay that way until I figure somethings out with Shannon." I answer.

"Story knows not to say it when she's around Shannon?" Joshua asks.

"Yeah, I kinda explained it to her when me and her went out for a dinner date last night to her favorite restaurant. Which reminds me, why were you and Shannon out so late last night?"

"Long story, but to sum it up. I was trying to have a little friend makeup sex with her." Joshua answers, eating the rest of his side salad.

You're joking, right?

"Mannnnn!! That was my plan! What the hell Joshua!" Daniel whines.

Tell me they are both joking.

Then they both bust out laughing. "Calm down mate." Joshua says, chuckling. "I was just joking mate, I promise. I just took her a couple towns over with Tyler to my cousin's drag queen show after our theater date." he answers.

"Yeah, haha, I must have missed the punchline or something because I didn't find it funny at all." I say, with a dry and sarcastic tone .

"Well, if it helps I wasn't joking." Daniel says, pouring himself some more whiskey.

I just look at him. "Well now you're not allowed to be left alone with Shannon any more."

He just laughs. "Chill out, I'm just joking. I'm not like that mate, I'm honestly just messing with you." Daniel says, laughing a little.

Mmhm.

"Mmhm." I say, side eyeing him. "Anyway..."

"So, you don't think Story is going to slip up one day and say it in front of her?" Daniel asks, getting back on topic.

"No, I know she's going to slip up. I'm just hoping it's when me and Shannon is back on good terms." I answer.

"I thought you guys were on good terms?" Joshua asks, confused.

"Yeah—"

"Really? This is what we are going to sit here and talk about?" Sammy interjects, cutting me off.

Problem?

"Problem?" Daniel asks, raising an eyebrow at him.

I swear those two can read my mind sometimes.

"Yeah, why are we talking about a child calling Lucas dad? We're young, we should be talking about our next lay or how our last hookup's were. Hell, even sports! Just anything other than this depressing shit." Sammy answers, drinking from his glass. "Hmph, father." he mumbles, in disgust.