When Saturday rolled around mom made sure I got a long lecture. I didn't tell what happened, I don't want her to shun me like Ashley. I have no clue HOW my mom would react. I couldn't control it so I wouldn't be able to prove it to her. She'd probably put me into a mental ward. So I did what I'm sure anyone else would do in my position. I moped around in my room.

I was so caught up in my own world that I didn't notice my mom trying to speak to me about something.

"-n), (y/n) sweetie are you alright?" She asked which somehow brought me out of my stupor.

"H-huh?" I asked looking at her from where I laid in my bed. "O-oh, yeah I'm good, I'm just thinking about something."

"If you say so dear," She spoke softly with concern. "Well I got a letter, and I was wondering what you would think about it." I tilted my head not quite sure what she meant. She handed me a letter and it read:

Dear Miss (L/n),

I am the headmistress of a boarding school on a small island in Wales named Cairnholm. I was wondering if you would like to send your daughter. I noticed that she has astounding grades and she would come here on a scholarship. All her fees would be payed, please respond as soon as you can for she can start as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Miss Peregrine

I was astonished by this letter. Me going to another country? An island? That sounded totally rad! I could feel my mood lighten slightly. But if I go then Ashley-

oh wait.

Maybe if I go I can make some new friends! Better ones who actually care about me as a person. Yeah, think positively. This is a one of a lifetime opportunities and nothings holding me back from taking it.

"Oh could I go?" I pleaded. "Please, this sounds amazing and I want to go really badly."

"I just want to make sure with you," Mom said with a small smile. "You'll be gone from home for a really long time and I don't want you to feel like I'm just sending you off."

"Yeah I'm sure!" I exclaimed. It's like a new life away from all the drama that happened. "This is awesome!" My mom slightly chuckled before standing up.

With a small nod she responded, "Okay then, I'll write her back right away. I'm glad you get to have an experience like this." She then left my room. Now I had a lot more to think about.

I get to go to Wales. Isn't that by Sweden or something? Do they speak English? How did they find out about me specifically? I'm not that special. In the note she spoke of me having astounding grades, but last I checked they were mostly average. The only thing that really stood out about me was...whatever I can do with the powers. It almost seems like I'm the main character of some X-Men comic. I wonder how I can control it, well...whatever it is. It didn't seem like I have a common super power like telekinesis or invisibility. I was able to travel to my house from school in a matter of seconds, and I could also turn my hands into some inky...shadow thingie.

'Is that all I can do?' was the last thing I thought of before drifting off to sleep.

School was terrible. Now friendless and seen as a freak by my peers, it was a living nightmare. I guess Austin and Rich spilled everything and now I was the top gossip at school. Ashley would always give me pity glances which rubbed me the wrong way every time. Not trying to open a can my ass. I dealt with glances and whispers everywhere I went. How do they even believe that I have these super powers anyways? Wouldn't seem like Rich and Austin where loony? Well I thought that until...

"Hey you slut!" A voice shouted, I didn't think it was to me so I didn't stop walking to my next class. "Hey I'm talking to you (l/n)!" Which made me freeze in my tracks...slut? I turned around slowly, scared of what I was about to hear next.

"M-me?" I asked pointing to myself, clearly confused. It was a kid in one of my classes, his name was Max or something.

"Yeah you!" He retorted like I was an idiot. "You really think you're all that trying to get with Rich, your best friends boyfriend huh."

Excuse me what? I hate Rich, and I wouldn't do that to Ashley, I actually cared for her. I furrowed my eyebrows, a frown etched onto my face. So they didn't tell the truth, but instead chose to spread lies about me. Okay now I truly hated them all.

"No, I didn't do that," I responded trying to not get too angry. Don't worry me, I'm leaving this hell hole soon. I'm going to a nice little island where no one here can bother me. Tomorrow I'm leaving on plane then the rest by ferry, all will be well.

"Now you're just trying to save face," He sneered as kids started to gather around. "You're such a slag."

That was it, I felt so incredibly frustrated and angry that tears streamed down my face, "I'M NOT A SLAG!" I screeched and ran off to the bathroom. I angrily wiped at my tears as I locked myself in a stall. I took out my phone and called my moms work phone.

"(Y/n)?" She asked with slight concern. "Is something the matter? You know I'm at work and can't chat for long."

"I-I want t-t-to go home," I stuttered through my tears. "C-can you pick m-me up?"

"I-I can try," She responded sounding a bit stressed. "I'll be there as soon as possible."

I sat in the bathroom for a bit over an hour as I tried to calm myself down. I took deep breathes as I tried to think happy thoughts. The new school I'm going to attend, puppies and kitties, how cool the internet is. Then my freedom came as I heard the intercom ask for me at the front office.

My mom and I drove quietly back to our house. The windows were down and the fresh breeze made everything better. I noticed that she would glance at me, like she wanted to ask me what happened but decided against it. I let out a deep sigh. I'll thankfully never have to see anyone from that school in a long time. Kinda weird that my power didn't work that time.