o24

"Yes, Daddy, tell us how you met! Please!" Mingi said, jumping on the couch were his parents were sitting. Soon everyone else followed, sitting in a half circle on the floor around Hongjoong and Seonghwa. Their eyes seemed to sparkle, excited to hear the story how their parents had met all those years ago.

"Ahh no, it's such a boring story" Hongjoong responded, waving off the idea. "Papa got transferred to my high school and that's how we met"

"So you just decided to get married after Papa went to your school?"

"Okay then! I'm going to marry the first person changing to my high school too!" San promised himself.

"No, young man, you're not!" Hongjoong interrupted, shaking his head. "Ahh, okay. But don't complain if it's too boring ah? I warned you!"

~

Quiet whispering filled the classroom as seventeen year old Kim Hongjoong entered his class. It was nothing new to him, he was used to that view already. But the only difference today was that all the gossip wasn't about him today. But he didn't know that, and what he also didn't know was that today might change a lot of things in his life.

Hongjoong searched for his seat, rushing there without looking at anyone. It wasn't that he was scared of them, he didn't want to start his day with these looks.

It was his first class for the day, it hadn't even started but his throat was dry already. Ah, he was tired already. This year left, then you're free, he told himself every morning. Hongjoong had big dreams and plans already, and his school was holding him back.

"Good morning, students" his teacher greeted, standing up from his seat to start the lesson like every other Friday morning. He did the same gestures, the same routine. After twenty minutes of monotone tasteless teaching Hongjoong turned to something that was more important to him. He fished his notebook out of his bag, reading through the scrabbled pages. The young boy got lost between the in there written lyrics and ideas that he lost connection to his surroundings for a moment. The moment was long enough to give him a heart attack when something loud fell just next to him.

He jumped up in surprise, looking up next to him perplexed. All he could make out was a tall statue as the light just behind his head didn't allow him to see more. That changed when they sat down, not giving Hongjoong a single look.

They were a boy with black hair, on his face was a serious expression - looking intimidating to be honest. His skin was tan, his lips plump and held a pretty red color.

Hongjoong's cheeks burned up when he realized he was staring at his new seat neighbor, he turned away immediately, coughed embarrassed. He tried hard on concentrating back on the lesson or his notebook but it seemed so much harder than he thought. Instead, his mind went crazy.

Who was he? What was his name? Why would he choose to sit next to him while there were plenty empty seats?

And that went on for a couple weeks.

Hongjoong never got the courage to talk to the new student, he was still intimidated by his looks, how he presented himself in school and outside. With a little time he had the reputation of a mysterious bad boy. He didn't speak at all, was always alone but that didn't seem to bother him at all. And soon, all the girls and boys were head over heels for him too.

He and Hongjoong had a couple classed together, including History, Chemistry, Korean and English. And in all classed they were seated together or paired up. It did stress out Hongjoong, his silence stressed him.

On the other hand, new student and school's bad boy mystery didn't seem to mind at all. Oh no, he enjoyed the company of Hongjoong. He never asked any questions - he didn't talk to him - didn't bother him and that's what he liked about him. Maybe just a little too much. He had an eye on Hongjoong for a little longe than the poor one knew. He knew a couple things about him by coincidence.