112

Seonghwa grabbed his second champagne glass and poked Hongjoong's shoulder. "I'm going over there to Jeonghan" he informed him and pointed to the table his friend was sitting at.

"Okay, I'll be there in a second... how many did you have already?" Hongjoong asked Seonghwa as he eyed the glass in his hand.

"Tsk, only my second. Count one in with Jeonghan, one with Sora, and two with Chaewon. And maybe one later after I raided the table there~" Seonghwa pointed at the table with quite inviting pastries. "makes around seven for the whole night"

"You planned out how many drinks you're going to have?"

"Of course, I did. I'm responsible." Seonghwa gave back and shrugged his shoulders as he took a small sip. "Now, if you excuse me, I need to save our asses because I just saw Jeonghan talk to one of our sponsors and the possibility of him being wasted his high-"

"They just arrived-" Hongjoong pressed and knit his brows, watched their friend from a distance. "How could that even happen from a glass of champagne?"

Seonghwa snorted. "He carries a hip flask with straight vodka"

"He does what-" the younger choked out and widened his eyes, turned to his husband. "How do you even know that?"

"It was my idea" the elder giggled sheepishly and took another sip. He saw his husband's shocked expression and had to stifle another laugh. "Hongjoong, I love you, but please. Most of these people are impossible to stand sober-" he said and finished his glass, put it on the platter of a passing waiter. "Also, did you really hundred percent sober me would make out with you in your office while everyone is here?"

Hongjoong pursed his lips and took a moment, then downed his own glass. "Mhm, makes a lot of sense now" he commented. "Well, tell him to keep it under the table"

"I will" Seonghwa winked and pressed a quick peck on his cheek before he took off to join his friend and keep him from talking too much to the sponsors.

~

"Ah, yes bitches~" Yongsun babbled a little tipsy as she dropped next to Jeonghan. "I just respectfully told an old man to fuck off because I don't swing that way... we need to drink on that"

"Yup, I'm in-"

"Nope, you're not," Seonghwa said and took the hip flask from his elder's hands. "You need to walk straight while leaving. No more alcohol for you tonight"

The elder pouted his lips and rolled his eyes. "Meanie..."

Seonghwa shook his head at his friend and secure the flask in the inside pocket of his jacket. His eyes looked over to his own table at the other side of the atrium. He counted six heads and breathed out relieved. The parent saw his kids get along and pass time by just quietly taking to not draw unnecessary attention to them. "I'm going over and this-" he showed the flash, "is confiscated," he said and left to join his children.

"Papa~ when can we go home?" was the first thing he got asked. "I'm getting a little hungry..." Jongho added and puffed his lips, stroked his little belly.

Seonghwa pressed his lips in a line and sat down first. He eyed the people looking at them, then looked at the clock. It was half-past eight.

"Can you tell them to not stare?" Wooyoung asked and snuggled to his father's side, trying to hide from the looks he received. He especially felt watched today. The outfit he had chosen stood out quite a bit and some people seemed to find it so interesting, that they had to eye the child up and down the whole night.

Seonghwa caught who was staring over at them and just sent them a sharp look and rose his brow. "Oh, baby, be sure, I would be throwing hands if I didn't have to keep Daddy's reputation up-" he marked through pressed lips. "You know what, how about we go get something to eat?"

"Woah, really?" Mingi asked with wide eyes. "Yes, please, please. I'm starving"

"Don't we have to be here?" Yeosang questioned and leaned closer to his father so he wouldn't have to talk too loud.

Seonghwa shrugged his shoulders for a moment. "No-one has to know why we're leaving for twenty minutes," he replied and winked. He usually wouldn't allow this at all but today was going worse than he had thought it would. If there was one thing that he despised, it would be disrespectful behavior that made his kids uncomfortable. "I think food is enough reason to disappear for a moment, mhm? Come on, let's go," he said and gathered his children and guided them out the atrium, sending death-glares at anyone looking for a second too long.

~

Hongjoong looked around and let a content sigh roll over his lips. The hall atrium was filled and the clock hit half-past nine; it was time for the toast. He rose from his seat and held up his champagne glass. "Dear guests, before we continue our night, I would like to address something," he called aloud and the room fell silent. His eyes locked with Seonghwa's for a moment. The eyes that had purity and adoration pooled in them gave him the courage to keep on. "Today, five years ago, we started anew as KQ entertainment. A new name but the same people I now call my family..." he said and turned over to his mentor that was proudly watching him. Yonghwan also rose his glass at him, returning the words. "our journey started slow but in just two years we gained new partners," he glanced over to the Chois at the table in the right corner and smiled. "and new family members of course" he chuckled and winked over to Jihoon, then turned to his freshly debuted duo. "In five years, we have grown and have spread over the world successfully. I want to thank every one of our team for their work. Thank you for making this possible for all of us. We did well. On another five years!"

-
Heey! How are you today?

Ahhh well, let's see what changed in five years, shall we?✨

I do not have much to say today

I just hope you're okay and you know that you're worth it, you're valid and I love you.

Stay healthy and safe

-gulkurusubb