o23

"Are you sure, you want to sing? You don't have to, really"

"I got this, Seonghwa. It's okay, I'm fine. She's my friend, I promised her that before I even started my career"

"I'm just worried about you. I know you got this, just don't think you have to. If you don't feel comfortable, just let it be it's okay"

Hongjoong gave his husband a reassuring peck on the lips before turning to the little stage they had prepared for him.

It was his close friend's wedding and they had asked Hongjoong if he could sing to their first dance. They were friends since high school and she was really dear to the artist, there was no way he would turn her down for such a little favor.

Hongjoong was given a microphone, he held it in his hand, suspiciousl looking at it, turning it around. "This doesn't feel right... I miss my microphone. This feels like cheating"

"It's just a microphone, Hongjoong come on"

Hongjoong overdramatically put his hands against his chest, mimicking a shocked expression. "How can you say that? Microoney is not just a microphone to me!"

"Yah, you said the same thing about Podee the first too!" Seonghwa responded, mocking him just a little more. Oh how much he loved that. Hongjoong pouted, gave him his puppy eyes. "Ah, don't look at me like that... I know your microphone has a special place in your heart... Yeah I'm sorry" Seonghwa rolled his eyes annoyed, was smiling though. His hands fell on Hongjoong's suit, straightening the knits. At last his hand rested on the collar of his shirt, pulling him in by grabbing there, he gave him one last kiss. "Now you can go on stage" he whispered, more or less willingly letting go of Hongjoong.

The others lips graced a big smile, reaching his eyes, making them sparkle under the dim light. "I'm going to make you proud" he said before walking up the stage, turning in his microphone.

"You always do" Seonghwa said, knowing he wouldn't hear it anymore anyway. He returned to their table, counting the heads there before seating himself. Yunho was missing, San said he was at the bathroom, coming back soon.

Seonghwa had dressed all his boys in little suits, each one having a different color fly. For once he had parted their hair, this time not sticking to the normal coconut head.

"Is Daddy going to sing?" Mingi asked surprised, getting a glance of Hongjoong's head from behind the curtains.

"But we didn't bring Mircooney! Daddy only sings with him"

"You see San, sometimes you have to make the best out of what you have" Seonghwa replied, eyes glued on the stage. The lights got a little more dimmed, now focused on the stage as his husband came out behind the curtains.

The salle fell quiet immediately, shocked faced everywhere. "Ah, hello" Hongjoong chuckled, cracking a smile while waving. "I have to ask you to please keep quiet about this stage here today, please. I was never here on stage, ah?" he laughed nervously, knowing that if something got leaked he might get in trouble. No big problems would come after him though but he didn't want to provoke those above more. "This is exclusively for our beautiful bride, my little Minne Mouse. Back in high school we had made a bet that she would get married before me but well here we are Minnie. You lost the bet by ten years" Hongjoong shot a wink at the bride, Minhee. The woman was crying tears of happiness. The whole scene was planned by her now husband, it was his present for their wedding. She had invited Hongjoong but didn't think he would make it to her wedding after all these years. "Remember my promise, Minnie? I'm here to fulfill it! Thanks to your husband" He added, making a hand gesture at the man in the expensive white suit. "Ah, speaking of you, I will personally come for you if you break her heart, ah?" Hongjoong played a serious expression, making the groom hold a breath. The artist broke his play with a playful smile. Hongjoong had blended out everyone from the beginning on. His eyes were focused on the wedding couple and his family, it made him less nervous and more comfortable. He was thankful for the visitors manners to keep their phones away and respect his ask.

The lights changed colors, slow background music began to play and Hongjoong took a last deep breath. There was no back now, was it? Closing his eyes, he opened his mouth, letting his oh so smooth and soothing voice fill the silince.

The groom, Jiho, softly took his bride's hand, guiding her to the middle of the dance floor, starting a slow dance. "You're unbelievable" Minhee said while swinging to the soft music. "How did you even plan this?"

"You know I have my ways" he responded, leaning his forehand against her's, memorizing the moment for all his life.

"Look how pretty Daddy looks up there" San commented, not beeing able to take off his eyes.

"He is. He is really pretty there" Seonghwa agreed, allowing a sad smile to creep on his lips. The view wss just so beautiful for his eyes. Knowing that his husband wasn't having the easiest time of his life made him sad but seeing him so careless on that small stage made him so happy.

"Uuyoung want to dance!" Wooyoung grabbed San's hand when more couples made their way on the dance floor. "Please, Sannie~!" he begged, pulling his older brother to the crowd.

"Okay, okay! I'm coming" San agreed, following the little one.

"Yah! Let's go too!" Mingi grabbed the hands of Yeosang and Yunho, pulling them with him, with or without consent.

There Seonghwa was now, left alone with his littlest man. "You want to dance too, Jongie?"

~

The next day was passing by just as every other day. But there was someone in the household that just couldn't sit still. Yunho, the oldest had to get something off his chest. He had gotten curious after the wedding. There was one question that had kept his mind busy. "Dad, how did you and Papa met?"

-
Hello! How are you doing? Ho you're well up!

Ah, the lovely beachymin had requested a back story on how Hongjoong and Seonghwa met. I'm so sorry that it's coming so late! I'm not able to upload all the chapters right away after I wrote them, so until this will be up your request will be quite old. No worries I didn't forget it! And I promise, the next update will be the back story, I needed this to make the flow a little softer.

So, just a reminder, you can always request something specific!

Ahh. I noticed while I'm writing this book I mostly listen to my 2. gen crackhead hours playlist or my 'songs to make myself cry at 3am' Playlist and that sends me

Update on my homophobic fam. The other day I asked them why God would create a being that was damned to go to hell. And they said God wouldn't. And then I said that being a part of the lgbtqa+ community can't be a sin as God wouldn't create a being that's meant to go to hell. They didn't see that coming.

Am I exposing myself? Well yes but well they didn't get the hint until now I don't think they will ever

Well well, anyway
how was your week?

Please stay healthy and safe!

-gulkurusubb