146

Yunho let himself fall into his bed exhaustedly, groaned in his pillow. "I'm done, someone carry me to the bathroom-" he muffled into the cushion.

"Move you giant-" Jongho said, tried to roll his brother out of his corner of the large futon they were sharing. "Papa! Yunho won't move!" he complained and crossed his arms like the nag he was.

The door slid open, Hongjoong stemmed his hands at his hips. "Jongho please be more quiet, your grandparents and Papa are very tired of today and want to rest just like you too," he said and slid the door closed behind him. He had taken it upon him to make sure everyone took off their traditional clothes right and neat, got ready in the bathroom and slept. After a full day of relatives pleasing, Seonghwa had been drenched of any kind of energy, Hongjoong only wanted him to sleep and rest.

"Exhausted already, big boy?" Hongjoong chuckled as he pulled Yunho back on his feet to help the sleepy teen take off his clothes.

"If I have to dance for some auntie again I will quit dancing-" he replied. "At least I got paid," Yunho added and revealed this thick stack of red envelopes.

"don't you complain! I broke at least ten wood pieces today!" San called and held his red feet and hands. "you work like a dog for some money..."

Hongjoong just stood and shook his head. "That's how the world works, boys. Working like a dog for all your life."

The father made sure everyone got out of their clothes and freshened up in the bathroom before he put them to bed. He went around and tucked them in the blankets tightly; the nights were very cold.

Before he left, a collective 'goodnight' rang through the room which he replied with a tired chuckle. He himself was craving a bed by now, tired from talking to all the relative that had come visit his parents-in-law. He had expected Seonghwa's brother to come, maybe his younger aunt and uncle, but the relatives of third degree weren't a part of his plan. He liked his husband's family, they were all quite lovely people, yet after being a part of the entertainment industry he learned how to see right through faces that were lying to him, that used his name wrongly.

When he reached the bedroom, he got surprised by the dimm light that was still lit inside. Quiet words came through as he opened the wooden door.

"Oh, your brother is here," Seonghwa said into Hongjoong's phone and smiled tiredly. "I will give the phone to him now. Take good care, okay?" Seonghwa extended the phone at his husband. "It's Hyerin, she's calling for New Year."

Hongjoong took the phone immediately, eyes widened in surprise. "Rin?" he asked into the phone as he sat down on the futon. Seonghwa rose from beside him, motioning that he would be going to the bathroom.

"Hello, Hongjoong," the thin and shy voice of the youngest sister called from the other side. "I called to wish you a well New Year."

"Thank you, I wish you too," the elder replied and tensed his hand around the phone. It had been a while since she had expressed that she wanted a distance from everything that had to do with their home, their parents and siblings. That had also meant that she wanted a distance from her brother and since, they hadn't talked. Hongjoong had respected her desicion, though less willingly. "How are you? How have you been? Where are you? Are you alone?"

The girl chuckled. "Slowly, I can't reply to everything at the same time," she said and took a short pause. "I'm okay, I'm doing better... I left Korea actually, I'm calling from Italy," Hyerin admitted.

"Italy?"

"Ahaha... I left my university and took the money to... Well, go wherever it took me. I'm only here for vacation, I live in Australia now."

Hongjoong hummed, nodded to himself as if she could see it. "Are you're really doing better?"

There was a moment of silence, then she took word again, "I am. After therapy I was a little lost but well, I met new people and somehow landed in Australia... We have to see if that was a good decision," Hyerin chuckled. "And you? Seonghwa told me you're at his parents at the moment... Have you heard about the others?"

"I last talked to them ten years ago I think..." Hongjoong replied. "I didn't call at home, I don't think I will either," he said honestly. "I'm glad you called though, Hyerin. I miss you a lot... Do you plan to come back? Visit?"

"I don't know yet... I'll see in the future," she gave back and sighed. "Kiss the boys' cheeks for me, I missed them very much. Especially Jongho. He was so small the last time I saw him."

"Time flies... He's in third grade already," Hongjoong responded and laid back in his bed. His chest felt so light, so empty of worries. "They ask about you sometimes."

"They do?"

"Of course. You're their aunt, they love you. We think of you more that you think."

~

"There is nothing better than your own bed, is there?" Yeosang sighed as he sunk in his bed after coming home from the long car ride.

"Ugh no-one can get me out of here in the next 72 hours," San groaned as he climbed underneath his blanket and buried his face into the pillow. "I love grandma and grandpa but the futon is like- sleeping on the floor"

"Maybe because it literally is just a thin cushion on the floor-" Yeosang have back, not being able to hold back the urge to correct his twin.

San just shook his head and sighed. "I don't have the energy for this now-"

The door to the room slammed open wide, a bright giggle ringing through the room. "Sannie~ Yeosangie~ can I sleep here?" Wooyoung asked, closed the door and walked into the room as if he was given permission. "I can't sleep alone anymore because we slept together for the last week..."

"Don't you share a room with Jongho?" Yeosang asked, kicking his brother down the bed as he tried to climb on it. "No- go away-sleep in San's bed-"

"Hey! Hey! I didn't do anything!" San hummed from the other side. "Wooyoung, please, just let us sleep in peace today. We haven't slept right the past week-"

"But I want to!"

"But I don't want to!"

"Papa !"

"Dad get Wooyoung out of my room!"

As yelling rang through the house the second the couple sat on the couch with mugs of tea in their hand, the world seemed to come to its previous routine again.

"It's been how long?"

"Five minute and thirty six seconds without yelling," Hongjoong replied and pulled his sleeve over his watch again. "Do you want do go or should I?"

"Are you going to yell at them?"

"Probably"

Seonghwa sighed, put his mug on the coffee table, and rose from his spot. "Breakfast and dinner is on you tomorrow."

-
Heyaa my bishesss

Ahaha here I am again, another update! Yall don't know how proud I am that I can update every second day! Nsjsjsk

Ah finally this arc is over here aksksjdj I think it's funny how I started it around lunar new year and just finished it because I was gone due to finals sjdnnd

Let's see how this will continue👀👀

Yk, because we're getting closer to the next 40 mark👀👀

Jkjkjk

Or am I?👀👀

Yall I just realized that this won't have a 200th chapter because I didn't start with 1 but pilot... I feel so stupid rn🤡🤡🤡

No it really doesn't fit with me that the last chapter will be 199, that's such an ugly number wtf💀💀

Fuck watty and the 200 parts rule

Anywaaay

How are you doing? Do you have summer break already? Will you go on vacation this year?

Stay healthy and safe!

-gulkurusubb