Chapter Thirty-One

"Argh," Chi-won grunted, his voice faltering. His body violently shook every time the lasso touched his bare back, both of his knees bleeding as time went by.

It had been several hours since his punishment started, and he knew it wasn't close to finished.

His lips were chapped, his hair damp, and his sore back filled both with dried and fresh blood. He wanted all this to end, truly.

Though he was tortured, what damaged him more was the fact that his daughter was watching him suffer. Truly, this act was much painful than the agonizing idea of his body being abused by his enemy.

His voice started wavering, his eyes faltering, almost closing before a distinct and particular individual came into view. His head slowly rose, wanting to see that person once again.

Chi-won didn't know if it was his mind, the small amount of tears in his eyes, or his deep aspiration and longing, but he swore to himself that he saw his wife, kneeled down next to Y/N, comforting her. It was a great view, really, and he wished it was true.

After several more hours, Chi-won's body finally gave up, the poor man collapsing ever-so-violently on the ground.

Multiple gasps were heard, the quiet crowd finding a reason to scream once again.

Y/N gasped, appalled. She stood up ever-so-smoothly, pushing back the hands trying to grab her as she ran to her father, fast. Though everything happened ever-so-quickly, the guards still managed to get hold of the desperate girl, yanking her back.

Jeongguk, on the other hand, was surprised — though he quite expected this to happen. He leaned forward, ready to help the poor man, until he realized his soon-to-be mistake. He was obviously being watched by everyone, and every move he made was studied. He couldn't make his kind confused, could he? He huffed, walking back.

"Bring him back," announced he, nodding. The guards behind him took the command and grabbed the poor man ever-so-roughly, bringing him inside the castle.

Jeongguk sighed, dropping the whip he was holding. He looked around, his eyes landing on Y/N. Though it sounded impossible and weird, he wanted to embrace the girl lovingly, tell her that everything was going to be alright, though the idea wasn't entirely true.

The young man sighed, shaking his head. He clenched his fists, throwing his head back. He turned his back, walking away, once again.

"What the hell was that, Chul?" questioned Chief Lee, scowling. He clicked his tongue, annoyed. He obviously expected a much entertaining and longer show, but unfortunately, that didn't happen. "Why did His Majesty have to stop?"

"It seems as if His Majesty truly is a coward, after all," remarked Chul, laughing. "He had softened around the humans, I believe."

"Such a stupid act," muttered the old man, cackling. "But I'm afraid that that trait of his would be one of the reasons of our nearing success, Chul."

"Yes, master," agreed Chul, smiling.

"But isn't it better if we kill off that old man?" asked Chief Lee, smiling maniacally. "We have to remove the weed in a seemingly perfect garden, after all, am I right, Chul?"

"Indeed, sir," nodded Chul.

Chief Lee chortled, beyond happy that he thought of the horrendous idea. He stood up, grinning to himself.

"With this act, these foolish humans would surely loathe His Majesty even more," uttered the old man. "The thought itself makes me truly excited, Chul."

Author's Note: I'm rllyyy sorry if this chapter was too short :((  I have an exam tomorrow and I don't know a thing abt coding :(( Like,, how do you even make a calculator HSDHSHS

Anywayss,, thank you sm for the supporttt <33