Chapter Twenty-One

There are mysteries around you
That you have yet to explore,
To learn and to probe,
And to fight a war with.

Some days would be unkind,
Unforgettable and bad, even,
But live for those days,
And find each of their values.

Be loving with your soul,
And use your gift and mind properly,
As any mistakes or wrong decisions,
Would lead to the fate you have been avoiding the most.

Jeongguk stumbled back, closing his eyes as his hand reached over his chest. The sudden voice was surprising, yes, but it was quite expected. He had encountered the glowing ornament's mysterious messages before, and was still confused of what they were trying to tell him. But one thing was for sure- he had to keep that small ball with him safe.

Reaching over the small accessory, the young man analyzed its features. It was true he had done this action many times he had first seen it, yes, but up until now, he could not help but be mesmerized by its beauty. Unlike any other ornaments he had seen in the castle, this had an uncanny feeling with it. He laid it back on the table it fell from, and slowly looked at the clock. He quietly gasped, as he did not notice how long he had been in his kingdom. 'Y/N's probably looking for me now,' thought the lad as he paced around his room.

After bidding his 'goodbye' to his parents, he set off. He made sure to go faster, as he did not want any complications with the humans. He must not mess anything up, as he was near success, near the goal he was always dreaming about, and near to what he always looked up to- becoming the king. He was ready, ready to fight the humans, and ready to forget his own feelings.

-

"Jeongguk! You're back!" exclaimed the rather excited girl, running towards her lover and pulling him into a tight hug. "Where have you been? I was looking for you everywhere."

"Oh, I had to go fetch more woods in the forest, as I had only received a little," answered Jeongguk, hugging the girl back. "Did you miss me that much?"

No matter how hard the young man tried to sound joyful, there was still a hint of sadness in his voice. It was unexplainable, as all this was not meant to happen at all. He came here to fight his enemies, not to treat them like family.

"No, I didn't!" Y/N defended, crossing her arms.

Jeongguk sarcastically nodded, draping his arm on Y/N's shoulder as the girl led him to the table she was sitting at a while ago.

"Jeongguk!" exclaimed Eunha, waving at the young man. "You're back!"

"He obviously is, Eunha,"  murmured Jin-ho, laughing to himself.

"Haha," Eunha sarcastically laughed. "Very funny."

The four chortled altogether, saying multiple jokes they thought were funny. It truly made Jeongguk happy, and he had hoped this moment would last a little bit longer. He thought of these people with him family, friends he had never thought he needed. They were there with him by his side since the very beginning of his mission, always there to make him laugh, and always there to make him feel loved. Although, they loved him for who he was- or at least, who they thought he was. They did not praise him for being the future king of the strongest kind existing, not because of him being part of the royal family, but because he was Jeongguk. He was himself, and that was all that mattered. Though, Jeongguk knew himself that all those would be gone in a blink of an eye. All those happiness and joy he felt whenever he was with them, all the love he had received, would be gone, and later forgotten. All those trust the humans had for Jeongguk, would rather be replaced with wrath and grief.