Chapter Nineteen

The sun was high up, beaming down the people working under its heat. It rose a little while ago, and had been quite a nuisance to the determined workers. Using all their strength to finish their job had been a hassle to them, and the sun's fiery heat added to the bother.

"Does the sun have a grudge on us?" asked Jin-ho, wiping the sweat dripping down his chin. "It's trying to kill us."

The others laughed, thankful that there was at least a jokester with them to lessen the tension of the busy atmosphere. They had been working for hours, but still could not say that they had finished half the job.

"Let's take a break!" announced an old bearded man, clasping his hands together. "My old bones can't take it anymore!"

"Now, now, he's right. Even my young ones are about to break!" exclaimed Jin-ho, patting his back to show the others what he wanted to portray.

The others laughed once again, nodding to themselves as they looked at what they had done. All of them walked off, happy to finally rest after those busy hours they had.

It had been multiple weeks since Jeongguk had asked Y/N's father's approval to court her, and through those weeks, he had been working very hard to win the girl's heart. Why, he plucked millions of primroses for
Y/N, took the girl out for multiple romantic dates, baked millions of treats (though most of them were burned), and slipped multiple little notes in her pockets.

"Y/N!" Jeongguk called out, running towards the confused girl. He waved at her, taking in her messy appearance. Although, he still believes she was beautiful to him. "Wanna eat lunch together? I found this place in the forest with such a great view!"

Y/N laughed, nodding as she did so. She had been very much happy these past few weeks, given Jeongguk's perseverance and beautiful gifts. She was truly grateful, giving the determined lad a hug each time he does something for her, though the girl believes Jeongguk himself is a present.

"Really? Sure then!" beamed Y/N happily, scrunching her nose as she smiled at the happy boy. "You seem to have so much energy after all that work, punk. Please lend me some."

The two chortled, smiling at the joke. After they had finished talking, they went home, changing their clothes and grabbing food to eat with each other.

"I brought macarons, Jeongguk! I baked them yesterday," Y/N chirped, holding out a tiny basket full of the supposed treats.

"That's great, Y/N!" Jeongguk complimented, bringing out two of his own baskets also full of food.

The both of them then nodded, the lad beckoning Y/N to follow him. "It's somewhere here," muttered Jeongguk, looking around the quiet forest. He grabbed the girl's hand, leading her through various trees. After a couple of minutes, Jeongguk stopped walking, looking over Y/N to show her that they had arrived at their destination.

"We're here," murmured Jeongguk, letting go of the excited girl's hand. "Isn't it nice?"

Y/N nodded, smiling happily. She squealed, sitting down as she placed the baskets down.

"This place sure is relaxing, Jeongguk!" chuckled Y/N, inhaling as her shoulders relaxed. She laughed, looking over Jeongguk and telling him to come over.

"Come sit with me, punk," muttered Y/N, patting the vacant area beside her.

Jeongguk smiled, setting his baskets down as he plopped himself down the grass happily. He was with and beside the girl he loves, and he could not be happier than he was right now. He thought of every memory he had with the young woman, laughing as he did so.