Chapter Sixteen

"Jeongguk!" called Y/N, waving her hands to attract the lad's attention. "Are you fine?"

"Yeah! Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?" babbled Jeongguk, scratching his neck as he gave Y/N a questioning look.

"You seem greatly affected of the captured werewolf's escape," whispered the girl, raising her eyebrows. "Are you sure you're fine?"

"Yes, I am. I'm just worried," muttered Jeongguk, sitting down and sighing. "What if- what if he tells others of his kind about our location? Shouldn't we consider that?"

"Hm, we thought of that too, honestly. But none of us seem to worry that much about it. The others here have waited for years to avenge their lost opportunities because of the werewolves, and through those multiple years, they have been anticipating to give those beasts a taste of pure hatred and loath," answered Y/N, sitting beside Jeongguk. "You're smart, Jeongguk. A trait I could never have."

The two laughed, sighing after they did so. 'I'm not being smart, it's just common sense to think of that," thought Jeongguk as he huffed. It was true he had the capabilities to think things through, and he at least hoped the humans had the same way of thinking as him. If they wanted to survive and maybe win this war between them, they could at least have a better and improved mindset. But as what he witnessed right now, it was obvious they did not. How could they not think of moving? Surely, if Jeongguk's kind did not find their place, a captured werewolf who claims to be wandering about their location would be a threat to them. Their anticipation and want to win this battle between their enemy was not enough for them to succeed over the werewolves. They had to have a greater way of thinking, and had to make better decisions to ensure their own safety. And to think of it, if this was not a war of imbalance of strength, Jeongguk was sure his kind would still win over the humans.

"Oi! You two! Come over here!" shouted Junghyun, signalling both of them to stand up and to help with whatever he was doing. "Stop lazing around and lend me your hands!"

The two nodded, walking over the busy man. They crouched over and did whatever Junghyun instructed them to do, and winced when he flicked their foreheads for not paying much attention to what they were doing.

"The two seems much closer today, am I right?" Y/N's father pointed out, looking over the two teens. "What exactly were they doing in my daughter's room?"

Jin-ho coughed, patting his chest to calm himself down. 'They were kissing,' thought
Jin-ho, grinning as he remembered what the two exactly had done.

- (Time Skip 💨) -

It was a quiet night, low murmurings of the people awake outside one of the small sounds one can hear from the inside of their house. Although it was almost silent, one cannot hear another's footsteps, except if they are very heavy, since the rustling of the trees and small bushes had the capability of covering them. This was the perfect opportunity, though, for two young people to go to their quiet, romantic rendezvous. And with that, Y/N took this very opportunity to sneak in Jeongguk's small house, tapping on his bedroom window.

"Past," whispered Y/N, tapping the young man's window again. "It's me, Y/N."

Jeongguk opened his eyes, surprised by the sudden visit. He sat up, rustling his blanket at the process. The lad could clearly smell
Y/N's scent, and could hear her small footsteps even from afar. He stood up, walking over his bedroom window and opening it. He laughed, coming face-to-face with the young woman.

"What are you doing here?" asked Jeongguk silently, crossing his arms and leaning out the window. "You're supposed to be sleeping right now, Y/N."