52. yuta and winwin [fluffish]

"Congratulations, you've passed the exam. Now it's time for the real test."

-

"We did quite well lads. We managed to get away pretty fast." Johnny said as he looking in the mirror before turning left, his hands tightening on the steering wheel.

"Fortunately, I couldn't spend one more night in that cottage, it smelt like dead people in there." Jaehyun commented from the passenger seat, a shiver ran over his back at the memory of it.

Him, Johnny, Yuta and Taeyong were on their way back to the head quarters after two weeks of hiding for the policemen, they've spent most nights in the woods, some in a small deserted cottage and some just in alleys. Everyone would agree, they've had much more comfortable hideout weeks than these ones.

"We did, Leeteuk will be surprised to see us back at the quaters so soon." Taeyong said with a hint of arrogance in his voice while remembering Leeteuk didn't have much faith in them after almost getting caught twice before.

Yuta was the only one who hadn't muttered a word this whole ride. The others didn't mind though, they were used to Yuta being almost mute at most of the time. He was most focused on achievements out of all of them and therefore he was always busying himself with new missions and plans.

Leeteuk told him about a mission a few weeks back, Yuta hadn't been able to get it off his mind since then.

After Johnny parked the car in the garage next to all the other (stolen) cars, Yuta was the first one to get out, the other boys didn't know what got him so worked up but decided to not ask since they knew Yuta had quite a temper.

The rest of them got out and caught up with Yuta.

Taeyong opened the door for them and together they entered the main area where everyone would come together, the old prison building they used as their head quaters was storeys high and provided enough rooms, which were nother more than refurbished prisoncells.

They all went over to the kitchen where Taeyong made instant ramen for them. They devoured it in seconds.

Johnny brought the empty bowls to the sink and when he turned back, all his mates were already looking at their phones.

"Have you heard of our newest recruit?" The tall boy tried to break the silence.

"Yeah, heard he's mad cute." Jaehyun giggled to himself as he remembered their newest member called him last night to introduce himself.

"Other than that mister Romeo," Taeyong said. "I heard he was the first to pass the assassination test after... well, you know." He finished his sentence, clearly despite lowering his voice towards the end.

"Really?" Johnny had a surprised look on his face. "Didn't know Jinki isn't looking for any new recruits after what happened, we really need them."

"He originally wasn't but Leeteuk told him to." Taeyong clarified, Leeteuk had called him over in his office a few weeks back together with Yuta. A huge mission was coming up and they needed as much men as possible.

"Onew." Yuta snapped, reacting to what Johnny just said. "You shouldn't call him by his real name. Call him Onew."

"Anyway, I even heard the recruit broke your record." Jaehyun mentioned with a slight giggle. Yuta was one of the best assassins to be ever recruited, now that he heard some new kid broke his record, he didn't know what to think of it, should he be mad? Angry?

Yuta was proud of himself after he got to know he set a new record, now that a some dude came by and wiped him of first place, Yuta could only scoff.

"I really don't know why it's such a big deal though." Yuta spat to Jaehyun, who immediately stopped smiling. "Why do we need him anyway? Couldn't they just send Mark on the mission? I know he's needed with the younger boys for training but still, we could use him on the mission."

A silence fell over the table, Yuta sighed, pushed his chair back and stood up.

"Anyway, I gotta go."

The door to the dinning room opened and a rather innocent looking boy walk to them.

Johnny slapped Jaehyun's arm softly, successfully grabbing his attention. "Isn't what him?"

Jaehyun could only stare at the new one and nod his head to Johnny's question.

"Hi! I think I should introduce myself. I'm Dong Sicheng but you can call me Winwin." The boy held his hand in front of him, waiting for Yuta to shake it.

"Are you smiling?" Taeyong asked when he saw the corners of Yuta's mouth curl up. Taeyong nudged Johnny's shoulder and then pointed to Yuta. "He never smiles!" He whisper shouted before averting his attention back on the boy who was still standing.

Yuta grabbed his hand and stopped surpressing his smile.

"I'm Yuta, nice to meet you."

/////

13.08.2020

inspired by @joshuadecena_ on tiktok