33. renjun and jaemin [angst]

"Hey, uhm, are you okay?" Renjun asked hesitatingly when he recognized, some faint, some vivid, stripes on Jaemin's wrist. "Why wouldn't I be?" Jaemin said angrily, as usual, before he pulled his sleeve down.

Jaemin was never in a good mood, he was always angry, at least all the times Renjun saw him in school. Jaemin was his classmate in history and chemistry, but he knew nothing about the boy. One thing he thought he knew was that Jaemin was a warm boy deep inside.

But every living being with eyes could see he wasn't, Jaemin had dark eyebags permanently on his face, his hair was never done and it didn't look like he took care of himself at all. He was even cold to himself.

Renjun had noticed the scars the previous period, he didn't want to say anything about it but when he saw Jaemin scratch them angrily, Renjun got worried.

Their chemistry teacher was writing something on the board about some experiment they had to do, but the older could focus on nothing else but the younger who sat diagonal to him.

Now the scars had started to bleed again, Jaemin was letting his wrists bleed in class.

"Miss, Jaemin said he's not feeling well, may I lead him to the nurse?" Renjun asked after he had waited for their teacher to notice he had his hand in the air.

"Of course you may, Jaemin please take care of yourself." The younger only huffed and pierced his eyes through Renjun's soul as he turned his head.

If glances could kill someone, Renjun had died two times by being ran over by a truck, three times by drowning, and once by being burned alive.

Renjun packed his bag and swung it over his shoulder, he went over to Jaemin and took his hand, trying to pull him up from his seat.

"Jaemin, come." Renjun pleaded. "I'm not going to fucking go to the nurse with you, you asshat." Jaemin snapped.

The older pulled Jaemin up with all the strength he had in his tiny arms. Jaemin let out a sigh and decided to stop resisting. After walking through different corridors, Jaemin figured Renjun wasn't taking him to the nurse, he was taking him to the parking lot.

"What am I doing here?" Jaemin asked after the older had stopped dragging him by his arm. Still completely uninterested.

"How did you get those scars?" Renjun asked, his eyes were shaking, Jaemin though, only shrugged.

"Jaemin stop being an ignorant teen and answer me!" Renjun demanded. The other mumbled something.

"A knife? Siccors? I don't know, you tell me."

"This is not healthy for you." He muttered.

"What is not healthy for me?" Jaemin laughed bitterly. "Harming yourself, you should stop that." Renjun stated

Jaemin's eyes turned dark as he glared at the other.

"Oh Renjun, you're so naive." Jaemin responded, shaking his head. "So bold of you to asume I did it, do you even know what I've been going through that last couple of years? You don't, right?"

"Uhm, n-no I don't but I thought, I mean, I saw those scars and I though-" Renjun stumbeled over his words, he was so intimidated by the others words that he didn't know what to say.

"You don't, right? Now leave me alone before they catch you too." Jaemin said while looked around him. Scanning the environment.

"No, Jaemin, you need help, with, with your injuries, and your problems."

"You don't even know what I've been through! You can't help me." Jaemin said.

"But I want t-" Renjun got cut off before he could finish his sentence.

"I don't want your help! I don't need it, now fuck off." The taller turned around to walk away, but Renjun caught his wrist. Jaemin hissed in pain.

"Let go." Jaemin requested calmly. "No." Renjun refused.

"I said let go!" Jaemin swung his hand and hit Renjun right across his cheek. "You know nothing about me, you hear me? You know nothing about me! Not about my problems, my past, not about Jaehyun, about the camp, nothing!"

Jaemin's expression changed from an angered to a sad one, a tear rolled over Jaemin's cheek when he realized what he had done, he involved an innocent.

"They're coming," Jaemin mumbled, he shook Renjun's hand off and walked took a step back. "Don't follow me, leave me alone."

"Jaemin." Renjun brushed his fingers against the others, but one thing he didn't know, was that it was the last time he would ever feel them on his own.

"I said leave me alone!"

Jaemin ran away, not caring, not daring, to look around once.

Renjun's eyes filled them with tears and a lump formed in his throat.

"You are not okay."