35. renjun and jaemin [angstish/fluffish]

"Haechan, you down for a drink?" Renjun's voice sounded through the phone and while he was waiting for an answer, he slipped on his worn off shoes and grabbed his jacket.

"Yeah sure, I'm almost done winning. Do me a favour and order me the usual please." Haechan responded, as his eyes were still glued to te screen in front of him.

Renjun just hummed and locked his door, then he walked off to their usual café, which was only two blocks down the street. He pulled up his hood and lit up a cigarette.

When he arrived at the café, his cigarette long gone, he pushed open the door. A bell rang above his head, signalling his presence.

"Hi Renjun, the usual?" The tall barista greeted the younger.

"Oh you know me too well Johnny, add a slice of carrot cake, will you?" The younger requested.

"Sure thing, when is the last time you've eaten?" Johnny asked concerned, knowing Renjun struggled taking care of himself. While he waited for an answer, he eyed the clock.

"Yesterday morning, don't worry about Hyuck, he should enter that door in three... two... one."

"What's up Jun, Johnny." Haechan said with a heavy American accent, greeting his friend with a pat on the back as well as a nod towards Johnny, who gladly smiled back.

"Take your seats boys, order is coming right up."

---

"And then he like ghosted me for like a whole week... are you even listening?" Haechan asked, Renjun averted his eyes and hummed in response, not looking at his friend for longer that two seconds.

"Bitch, what's so interesting?" Donghyuck huffed in annoyance and turned around, a smirk played on his lips as he returned to his original position.

There was a pink haired boy seated at the table behind them, focussed on the macbook in front of him, his fingers flew over his keyboard at an immense pace, ocassionally taking a bite of his red velvet cake or a sip from his hot chocolate.

"So, your prince Bubblegum is back huh? Why don't you gather all the courage that's inside that small body of yours and finally go talk to him?"

"I literally have no social skills and you know that." Renjun stated with a moody face.

Donghyuck sighed and turned his head once again. A simple hey was the only thing he said, but do not forget about the flashing smile he offered.

Prince Bubblegum flinched at the sudden greeting, being too concentrated on the essay he had to write, but quickly recovered.

"Hi." He greeted the tanned male back with a soft smile, also sending a smile to who he assumed was his friend.

Renjun however, was not prepared for such an event and pulled up his most forced and uncomfortable grin.

The once soft smile of prince Bubblegum had now turned into an uneasy one before he put his focus back to his assignment.

"See, it's not that hard." Haechan said while he turned back, only to be confronted with an angry looking Renjun.

"What?" Haechan asked. Renjun looked down, preparing his facial muscles before looking up with the same awkward smile as before.

"Oh dear." Donghyuck gasped. "I'm so sorry for his eyes." Donghyuck eyes flickered back to the pink haired who looked back up, flashing a toothy smile. Donghyuck winked at the lad, before earning a smack on his shoulder.

"Stop flirting." Renjun mumbled.

"Than man up, dude!"

---