Chapter 53 - Prison

Start from the beginning

"Jyesht bhrata, we shouldn't have come here in the first case." bheem stated.

"Bheem, this is our home." Karna said.

"Bhrata, home is where family is. And the way everyone is treating us is not how family does." Nakul said.

"Nakul, bhrata Karna is right. This is our home. And maharaj is like our father. If he has taken the decision then we have to accept it." Yudhishthir said.

"Jyesht, it's your right to be the yuvraj." sahadev said.

"And this time, it's not only about your rights. But also about Draupadi's respect." Arjun said.

"Yes jyesht. If we accept their decision, then it will be proven that we are wrong." Sahadev said.

"And this time, pitamah is also against us." Arjun mumbled as everyone looked at him.

"Arya, can I say something?" Draupadi asked Karna.

"Sure panchali."

"If you all give me the permission, can I talk to pitamah for once." She stated softly.

"Why panchali?" Bheem asked.

"Arya, this sitiation is because of me. Maybe if I keep our point in front of pitamah, he will agree." Draupadi said.

"She's right." Aahana said for the first time since they came.

"If you both say so. Aahana, will. you please accompany her. Honestly, I don't trust anyone in this family." Karna said as Aahana looked at Yudhishthir. He nodded his head in a yes as both the ladies went out to meet pitamah.

Pitamah stood alone in front of his mother, maa Ganga. Though Vidur told him everything about the situation, he was still furious.

"Pitamah!" Aahana called out softly.

"Aahana, you are like my daughter but what you've agreed for has made me furious. Go away before you have to face the wrath of my curse." He said.
Aahana just stepped back as Draupadi decided to come forward.

"Mahamahim, mata Ganga is the purest entity in the world. So I, the fire born princess, Draupadi tell mata Ganga, if I'm impure, if I and my husbands have committed a sin by marrying, if my jiji Aahana and rajkumar Yudhishthir have made a mistake by agreeing to all this, I request you to take me as an offering in your pure waters." Draupadi said as she stood near the river. To pitamah's shock, the water rose to great heights but didn't even touch Draupadi. She just joined her hands and came to where Aahana and Pitamah stood.

"They could've taken sanyas." Pitamah said dejectedly.

"Pitamah, they were torn between their duties as a son and as a prince." Draupadi stated.

"Putri Draupadi, what you have done may be the need of the situation but what now. No one will consider panduputra Yudhishthir as their king. Even I cannot allow him to adorn the throne of Hastinapur. Somewhere of the other, people will consider this marriage an adharm. How will I explain them?" Pitamah said helplessly.

"Pitamah, if we have two plates of food, one with extra salt and one with poison, then we choose the one with extra salt to satisfy our hunger." Aahana said calmly.

"What do you mean Aahana?" Pitamah asked.

"Pitamah,  people know both the princes. They know who is adharmi and who is not. If they consider Arya adharmi then they also have to agree that this is the first time he's agreeing to something like this. And you know Duryodhan." Aahana said politely.

"You are right. I'm sorry putri Draupadi that I doubted you." Pitamah said after some thought.

"Pitamah, you are elder to me.Please don't apologize." Draupadi said.