Chapter 15 - New start

Aahana's POV

Aahana's POV

Soon enough, I was standing on the doors of the palace of Hastinapur where everyone was standing to welcome me. I have come here earlier also but this time, it's different. The last time I came here was as Yadavkumari, as Krishna's sister but now I'm here as the daughter in law of Hastinapur, as the wife of the eldest pandava. Weird how fast the things change.

Both of us proceeded towards where Maharani Gandhari along with maa were standing. Maharani Gandhari did our aarti and performed other rituals.

 Maharani Gandhari did our aarti and performed other rituals

"Welcome to the family, putri. Hastinapur is very lucky to have a yuvrani like you." Maharani Gandhari said keeping a hand on my head. I and Yuvraj bent down to take her blessings.
We then went towards maa who seemed really happy.
"I knew my daughter would look beautiful on her day but I never knew she would look like an angel straight from heaven." Maa said making me blush. She then pulled me into a hug and said, " I'm so happy that now you are a part of our family."
We then took everyone else's blessings. For some reason, Duryodhan, Dushaan and Mamashree were not present here.

Huh, who cares. Maybe busy somewhere planning and plotting.

After we were taken inside, I was made to do a lot of rituals. With a lot, I mean a lot. While Yuvraj was somewhere chilling with his brothers. Why do I have to do all the rituals?

By the time we were done, I was exhausted, physically, mentally and emotionally. I just wanted to lock myself in a room and cry my heart out. I don't know why but I just did.

I felt as if since the time I entered, I was being watched. I looked here and there but I didn't find anyone. This feeling made me irritated to no end.

"Dasi, take Aahana to her and yuvraj's chamber, she must be tired. Aahana, beta now you go and rest. We have more rituals to complete tomorrow." Maa said and then a dasi came forward to take me to his chamber.

As soon as we entered the chamber, I asked for privacy.
"But yuvrani, rajmata told us to get you ready-" I cut her of in the middle.

"It's fine. I'll manage. I just want some privacy." Dasi nodded her head and left hesitantly.