Chapter 30 - Is it the end?

Author's POV

Author's POV

Everyone came to the garden of the palace where was a Shiv temple to perform the pooja for maharaj Pandu.
There was a little sadness, they all missed him. No matter how much time has passed, no matter how much time will pass, no one will be able to fill the void in his absence.

Aahana saw their faces. She couldn't bear the sadness on the faces of her loved ones.

"I know you all are sad but it's a bad omen to perform a pooja with sad faces. What will pitashree feel?" She said and their faces turned to her.

"She's absolutely right maa. Maharaj is in peace. You all should perform the pooja with a happy heart." Karna added.

Karna did not take part in the pooja as Maharaj Pandu was not his father.

All of them prayed for Maharaj Pandu and also their family.

Rajmaata was content that all his sons are together to pay respects to their father

After the pooja, a brahmin bhoj was organized. All the brothers and Aahana were busy serving the brahmins. Sahadev's attention diverted towards purochan's son who discretely moved away from the garden.

Sahadev's POV

Something is wrong here. These people are really suspicious. They don't have answers to simple questions. There are no lamps but what I noticed is that they are avoiding fire at any cost. The kitchen is not in the palace premises which is the weirdest thing.

As I saw Purochan's son slipping away from the temple, I followed him. He went deep inside the forest near the palace. I saw him meeting a masked man who gave him a bottle of something. It was weird. I hid behind the tree as he came back. A little drop of that liquid fell on the ground. When I touched and smelled it, it was poison. What is the use of that?

I quickly made my way to the palace. The sun is about to set. I made my way back to the palace. At the gates, I found Bhrata Bheem and Nakul.

"Sahadev, where did you go?" Bhrata bheem asked.

"Nothing Bhrata, just went for a stroll in the garden. Did anyone else notice my absence?"

"No one except for both of us." Nakul said and I nodded.