Chapter 1: Unnatural changes

Unknown's POV

Unknown's POV

I've been running since past one hour. I don't know where I am going, where this path is leading me. I'm just trying to escape the darkest night of my life, the night that revealed all the secrets, all the truth to me but in return snatched everything away. My life, my dream, my identity and my pride. But I trust Mahadev and my brother Krishna. They must have something in store for me.

Mahadev, mujhe rasta dikhaiye.

(Mahadev, show me the path.)

I don't know for how long I ran, I was barefoot, probably lost my shoes somewhere while running, my clothes were torn from here and there due to all the running in this dense forest on this mountain and above all of it, I had cuts here and there but that was not my concern. I was parched, I was tired and I can't run anymore.

Mahadev!!

After running for another 20 minutes, I somehow landed on one of the ends of this mountain. Behind me was a huge dense forest where a group of 30 people were thirsty for my blood and here in front of me is a valley with the fierce Ganga flowing with all it's might. I tried to catch my breath when I heard footsteps approaching. I turned around to see if they are near or not but when I turned around, my foot slipped and my head hit one of the stones. My head started pounding and my surroundings spinning. I lost my balance and fell into the almighty Ganga and the last 2 words escaped my mouth after which I surrendered myself to the mother herself. And my last two words were,

Mahadev, bhaiya!!
(Mahadev, brother!!)

Author's POV

It was a normal day of summer here. The scorching heat of the sun, the lush green forests and just a narrow muddy road for just one chariot to pass at a time. There were a lot of horses and soldiers following the palanquin of the queen and horse of the prince, the eldest pandav son.

Yes, it was a normal day in Hastinapur.

Rani Kunti and her eldest son, dharmraj Yudhishthir were going Dwaraka to meet their family. They decided to take a short break near some waters so everyone could rest for a while. After 10 minutes they spotted river Ganga.

"Mata, I think we should take some rest here. The day is exceptionally hot today and if we travel for long then our people might fall sick." dharmraj was being his usual calm and kind self.

"Of course putra (son). Dwarka is not far from here, if we take a break, we'll reach on time." sweet and calm voice of his mother answered back.

Yudhishthir ordered everyone to take a break near the banks of river ganga. Being an ideal son, he first searched for a comfortable place for her mother to sit. After knowing that she was comfortable, he went near the river to get blessings of mata ganga.

As he reached the banks of the river, he noticed something unusual. After he got a clear view, his breath hitched as he saw a badly injured girl, almost dead lying near the banks of mata ganga carefully, as if mata ganga herself let her rest here. He approached the girl and immediately felt pity towards the girl as she was badly injured. He was so concerned about the girl that he didn't notice that the girl wore different clothes and also looked different from the girls in this era. He checked her pulse and was shocked to see that her heart was still beating after being so badly injured. He carefully lifted the girl and walked towards his mother.

As soon as mata saw the girl, she asked her son," Putra, who is she and why is she wearing these clothes?" it was then the prince noticed how different she was.

"I don't know mother. I found her unconscious there and bought her here. She is badly injured mother, what shall we do?" the prince asked concerned.

"Let's take her with us to Dwaraka. Krishna will know what to do and will also help this poor kid."

Listening to his mother, Yudhishthir picked the girl and placed her in his mother's palanquin carefully and they resumed their journey.

The poor girl laid unconscious in a motherly embrace unaware that she was about to be the most luckiest person on the planet to witness divinity with her own naked eyes.

Meanwhile in Dwaraka

A very curious dau entered the most beautiful place in the palace of Dwaraka, the garden. The garden had the most beautiful and unique flowers with enchanting fragrances. There was a small pond nearby where the ducks played, rabbits, and other various birds and animals were playing and it was yet another beautiful day in the city of Dwaraka. But the garden was not beautiful because of these things, it was beautiful because of someone else, someone who laid there on a swing, who laid there with his eyes closed as if unaware of the world outside but on the contrary was aware of each and everything going on not only on this planet, but in the whole universe. The garden was beautiful because of the divine persona there, because of the almighty there.

The garden was beautiful because of him, the animals were happy because of him, the plants were happy because of him, entire palace was happy because of him, the entire Dwaraka was happy because of him, the world was happy because of him.

HIM.HIM AND HIM ALONE,

KRISHNA!!

There laid the lord himself with his lotus eyes closed, a beautiful smile playing on his lips and the peacock feather waving in the wind.

"Kanha, tell me one thing. What is different today? Bua and pandavas used to come earlier also but what is different this time? I heard you've ordered everyone to decorate Dwaraka like never before, you've asked to prepare more sweets. What is going on in this pretty little head of yours?" Dau asked sarcastically.

Suddenly he noticed that the smile on his younger brother's face was not usual, it was different, a good different, more divine, more liberating, more....... manmohak! He then noticed two drops of tears pouring out of his lotus eyes. He was now tensed and confused. Tensed due to his tears and confused due to his smile.

"Kanha!" he softly called out his brother.

"Wo aa gayi dau, wo aa gayi!"

(She has come dau, she has come!)

"Kaun aa gayi Kanha?"

(Who has come Kanha?)

"Aryavart ka bhawishya, bharatvarsh ki neev, yudhishthir ka dharm, bheem ki behen, arjun ki sakhi, nakul or sahadev ki mitr, bua kunti ki dhaal, draupadi ki agni, draupadi ki rakshak, dharm sthapit karne wali shakti, prem ka sagar, balidan ki murti kintu sabse pehle.."

(The future of Aryavrat, the foundation of bharatvarsh, righteousness of Yudhishthir, Bheem's sister, Arjun's companion, Nakul and Sahadev's friend, aunt Kunti's armour, Draupadi's fire, Draupadi's protector, the power which will establish dharma, the ocean of love, the idol of sacrifice but first and foremost..)

He stopped for a while as more tears escaped his eyes and his smile grew wide, he opened his eyes and whispered with utter love

" Meri bhakt dau, apki bhakt, humari bhakt, humari....Behen!!" As soon as he said behen, more happy tears escaped his eyes.

(My devotee dau, your devotee, our devotee, our....sister!!"

"But Kanha, we have only one sister that is Subhadra. Which sister are you talking about?" dau asked confused.

Smiling, Kanha turned towards dau."Relations of heart are greater than that of blood bade bhaiya."

Suddenly, the winds started blowing, the animals started dancing, there was utter happiness around.

"Jaiye dau, Dwaraka main Dwaraka ka bhagya aa gaya hai, aryavart ka bhagya aa gaya hai."

(Go dau, Dwarka's fate has arrived in Dwaraka, aryavart's fate has arrived")

Soon a soldier came and announced the arrival of rani Kunti and prince Yudhishthir on the borders of heaven on earth, Dwaraka.

Hello folks, it's my first mahabharat fiction book and I hope you like it.

Comment and tell me your views about the chapter and do vote guys.

Stay happy, stay safe!!