Chapter 22 - The Anguish

Author's POV

Author's POV

The sun was about to rise as the birds were chirping already. The yuvraj of Hastinapur was getting ready for his routinely visit to the shiv temple. He looked at the sleeping figure of his wife. He smiled and moved towards her.

"Aahana." He called her but she was still in her dream land.

"Love, wake up. We'll be late for the pooja." He removed the hair strand that was on her face. She just let of a sigh and held his hand. He smiled looking at her.

"Aahana, the sun is about to rise." She suddenly jerked listening to this.

"What? Oh shush, I'm late. Let me hurry up." She panicked but her husband held her by her shoulders.

"Aahana, calm down. It's fine. You are not late. Go and get ready, I'm waiting for you." With than Yudhishthir continued his work while Aahana went to get ready.

After half and hour, both of them made their way to the shiv temple and prayed to the almighty for the well being of their loved ones.

As they were walking out, they spotted Kunti at the temple steps. Aahana smiled internally. The couple moved towards their mother to take her blessings. Kunti smiled at the couple and blessed them.

"Arya, you continue. I'll spend sometime with maa here and then come." Aahana told Yudhishthir.

"Okay, as you please." Then he went away to begin his work leaving the ladies alone.

"Aahana, will I be able to do it?" Kunti asked doubtfully.

"Maa, trust yourself. This seems like a very difficult task but trust me on this, if we do not take charge now, the outcomes will be more hazardous." Kunti listened to her daughter in law.

She didn't know why she trusted her daughter in law with the secret of her life. She just did. It was like an external force was forcing her to tell her the truth. She just nodded her head and moved towards the banks of the river ganga.

Both the ladies reached the banks of ganga.There was Angraj Karna, worshipping Surya Dev.

"Maa, forget everything and just think about your son. You can save a lot of people maa. Please." Aahana requested her mother in law.

"Won't you come with me?" She asked her.

"It's not appropriate to come in between a son and his mother. I will come when it's required." Aahana said making kunti nod her head.

She then proceeded towards her son. Millions of emotions swirling inside her. She wanted to just gather her son in her arms and cry her heart out.

 She wanted to just gather her son in her arms and cry her heart out