Chapter 46 - Silence talks

Author's POV

Author's POV

They both stood at their places looking at each other. Don't know what kind of an irony was this that they finally won a war they have been fighting for a million years and at the same time they lost their first child.

A thin sheet of tears covered their eyes that refused to escape as they remembered their first meet as Yudhishthir and Vagmi and as Yudhishthir as Aahana. They wanted to laugh at the similarity. Same moon, same stars, same night sky, same heavy breaths, same nervousness and same giddiness.

They fell short of words as they didn't know how to speak and what to speak. It was like no words existed in their vocabulary that can describe their feelings right now.

They let their eyes talk today as they spoke volumes. Their nervous breaths conveying the message of their pain. Their wild heartbeats telling that nothing has changed in these million years.

Were they happy? Maybe a little more than that.

Were they sad? Maybe a little less yet more than that?

Were they over the moon? Maybe a little more than that?

Were they craving for each other? Craving is a small word to define their emotion right now.

Yudhishthir forgot everything as in the next moment he was standing in front of her as he pulled her in a bone crushing hug making Aahana gasp. Her hands wrapped around him, gathering him in her small arms as much as possible. She was probably having a hard time breathing. Does it matter right now? Nope, not at all.

The only question that came in their mind was,

Was it worth it? Hell yes.

They kept hugging each other tight, there was no space for even air to pass. A few tears were escaping their eyes but no one tried to wipe them. They were the proof of their feelings, of their win. I love you was not enough to express their emotions. The 'L' word in their case was not so meaningful right now.

Millions of years of wait can't be regarded as just 'love'. It's devotion. They both were devoted to each other. They proved their devotion that even destiny, history and the laws of nature had to bend on their knees in front of them. 

Aahana hugged him back with equal passion and desperation. Their heart beats were wild but synchronized, eyes closed but had pearls of love. Their penance was successful. Their devotion was pure. Each second was like a silent prayer, their proximity felt like a worship.

It is said that we remember a good conversation because it felt good. We never remember the words exchanged but just how it felt. It was just the case with them. No words were spoken, they just felt each other's scent, their touch, their love.

In this moment no words mattered. So Yudhishthir said what justified their situation according to him.

"You won." He silently whispered as his hot breath fanned her ear.