The Rescue

Shiup!

The night was dark, but still, the two shinobi continue their journey.

"May I ask, what happened, Itachi-san?" The younger one ask politely while they're jumping along the branches.

The man Itachi took a glance at the girl before answering, "Shisui was attacked while I was away. I'm sure it was the Anbus. No one was at the inn when I arrived there. But I heard from the townspeople where they headed,"

"They went to the west,"

"West? But that was.." Minaru trailed off.

"There's only a mountain there. The border of the Fire District. I just hope Shisui isn't caught yet," There's worry in Itachi's voice.

"Don't worry, we'll make it," the girl assured him.

Itachi took a minute before replying, "Yeah, we will,"

"Just be casual, Minaru. Call me Itachi," he added with head straight.

Minaru though, looking at his face, trying to read him but to no avail.

"Alright, Itachi," she whispered his name. Now she feels a little more comfortable being around him.

"Now, we need to build a strategy. The Anbu will be everywhere, that's why I need your help," The guy went serious again.

"Yes, I can be the bait for you two to escape,"

Hearing the girl said that, the raven haired man frowned.

~

"Um, Itachi. Is it really okay for us to take a rest?" Minaru asked hesitantly. Shisui may be caught anytime. She was worried they couldn't make it.

"I know we don't have much time. But if anything, we need to energy to escape later and maybe fight them. We also need to plan our strategy carefully. We're obviously outnumbered," Itachi explained lengthily as he sits in front of the fire.

It was already night, sure, but Minaru is still worried.

"Come and sit first, this wouldn't take long," Itachi watch her who's still fidgety.

Minaru finally exhaled as she sit herself, trying to calm down.

"Later, when we arrive, there's two possibilities. So we need to plan on both. First, Shisui may not be caught yet. If that's the case, we have to find him and escape together," Itachi demonstrated.

"Then I'll be the bait," Minaru suggested again.

Itachi was looking at the girl straight in the eye, now, which made the girl nervous, "Y,yes?"

"Why are you so fixed on being the bait?" He asked. His voice wasn't harsh but still, Minaru regretted she suggested that.

"I just thought it is the only choice with the situation we're in. Besides, I thought you need help with that?" She talked too much for someone who's getting scolded. Kinda. But she still look away.

Itachi sighed, "So do you not have other plan?"

"I'll try," she replied softly.

"No, Minaru. That wasn't what I meant." Now the man put both his hands on her shoulder, "Minaru, I was asking for suggestion, an idea. It wasn't an instruction," he tried to be more clear.

"Suggestion?" She questioned, still shocked by Itachi's sudden reaction.

"Yes, Minaru! We're partners, acquaintances, companions. We should work together, that's what I meant," he explained more.

However, Minaru was still clueless. It showed in her face.

'Was it because of her memory loss?' Itachi thought to himself.

Suddenly, a hand land on Minaru's head. The black haired man patted it softly, "It's okay, Minaru," he mouthed. "We need to focus on our rescue first. But you don't need to tense up. You're not the bait. We'll escape, all of us," He explained in short.

~

'As team? What's a team?' The question keep on wandering in Minaru's head.

Just when she thought they were a little bit close, this happens.

'Why? Is it my fault?'

She shook her head after that. 'No, I need to focus on this! I'll think about those later,'

"Minaru, get ready! We've arrived," Itachi warned.

"Alright!" She answered.

There were Anbu loitering around the forest. It looks like Shisui wasn't caught yet, but they weren't letting their guard down.

"Okay, let's do this," whispered Itachi. Thus the two of them proceed to their plan.

***

❤️ Vote
💬 Comment

Please enjoy! 😄