Distraction

There's a small village at the corner of the Land of Fire. It wasn't shown at the map. It was quite isolated.

People who live there wasn't really friendly. Not so often that there will be a visitor come by.

Yet, the two travellers had already stayed there for quite some time.

It's in the morning, the one with the long hair begin to go out for their morning routine.

"What time will you be coming back?" His friend with the short haired ask. He just came out of the room, yawning.

"Shisui, you're awake? Now get dress. You're the one who's supposed to be patrolling," the long haired turned back into the house, cancelling his intention of going out.

"Huh? No, you go out Itachi. I'm staying, still sleepy," Shisui yawned, faking it.

"What? You-" the other male tried to protest but was shut off by the closed door of the bedroom.

Itachi sighed, 'Can't be help then. I've rested enough at the past hide since I've overworked. He deserve a little more rest,' he thought as he walked out into the street.

The village was out of sort. Isn't a nice place to go around to have fun. Some of the roofs were broken. The ground was in a mess. The people doesn't seem to care. However, this was the main cause why the two decided to stay in this place.

The long haired man wandered along the houses. But soon he proceeded outside the village to began his routine.

Outside, everything was quite peaceful. Birds chirping naturally. There were some deers, wandering around the forest.

Black haired guy was enjoying the calmness. He started from the west down to south. Nothing suspicious happen.

That was until, he's half way through the woods. "Intruder?" A voice said.

As a reflect, Itachi pulled out the blade from his back, ready on his guard. He stepped forward cautiously, searching for the source of the voice.

"What are you looking for?" It said again.

The man flinched, turned around as he realised the voice was from behind him.

It was a male voice, childish one. But obviously an adult. A cheerful tone was also there.

Suddenly, there's a noise among the bush. This took Itachi's attention and he began to move slowly to the said object.

He shoved away the shrub and saw a small white rabbit. The sudden movement shocked the little creature and it began to run away.

'Is that where the voice came from?' Itachi thought.

"Hey, did you really think that's me?" It was the voice again but now, Itachi tilted his head to the side and found the source.

This made the guy taken aback, "Oh, right! Of course not," he facepalmed himself, realising his own stupidity.

Not long after, a low chuckle was heard. It came from the earlier voice. As Itachi peered into it, it shows a white-green creature stuck out from the ground.

Itachi was now back on his guard, but not for long. The creature muttered between his laugh, "You seriously think that thing could talk?" He continued to growl in laughter.

"What are you?" The man ignored his words though his cheek was already red in embarassment.

The white creature was smaller than the rabbit. There were two holes with yellow color that looks like it's eyes. Small parts of it were green in colour. Not sure whether the being is a human or not. Perhaps it was something else entirely. It seems like some other parts of it's body was hiding inside the ground.

"Hm, are you curious?" The being finally responded. There was an obvious mocking in his tone.

"You said I'm an intruder, what was that?" Itachi continued to ask. Ignoring his words. He only wanted answers.

With everything that has happen, Itachi ought to be careful at all time. They are wanted, by the Konoha Anbu after all. One wrong step both of them will get caught and there's no way around.

Even so, what did they do to be wanted of their own village?

"Intruder? Oh, that was only to get your attention. This wasn't my place anyway," another laughter was let out from the small(?) creature.

The black haired man scoffed, still wouldn't let his guard down. The blade tightly grabbed around his hand.

"Then, please excuse me. I'm not here to play games," he uttered, taking his weapon away. Though his eye still doesn't move an inch from the other being.

"Eh, eh! Wait, I haven't finish-" his words was cut off by a sudden loud noise.

The teenager tilted his head towards the sound. It comes from the village! 'Shisui!' He shouted mentally.

With that, he rushed to the place, ignoring the small creature's demand to let him stay.

"Hey, wait! Where are you going? I'm still-" now he stopped himself. "Oh, well, I've bought enough time anyway. The messy haired is absolutely done for," he chuckled at the end.

Meanwhile, Itachi was running back to the village at top speed.

'Shisui, please be alright!'

***

Guys, I'm sorry I take too long to finish my chapter. Compare to the rest before this one was longer thats why it took longer.

And I'm really sorry if the story seems slow. I'm taking my time to develop the characters and everything else. I'll be sure to make up for it so be updated!

Again, I'm really sorry!

❤Vote
💬Comment

Please enjoy! 😆