📍Chapter 34📍

A/N : On top, this is our Alvin. Cute right?

My lungs have failed me

I feel like my heart is being crushed with every minute that passes without seeing my son.

Two hours have passed now and still no sign of him! Please God, let him be safe wherever he is!

What hurt me even more is that he didn't even see my present. What if he doesn't come back? With that thought only, my head swirled and I grabbed Leon for support.

"I think you should sit and try not to worry too much." He sat me down on a bench.

He had been begging me to go home but I refused. I won't leave this place without my son. Veronica also isn't helping because every second she comes before to tell me how sorry she is and how she had acted careless.

"Really Ver, stop apologizing. It can happen to anyone and you are not helping me at all."

"Should we alert the police?" She inquired. I had been thinking about that but somehow I know that, I feel that I will see Alvin before this day ends. That is the only thing preventing me from collapsing in agony and despair.

Leon approached me with a sad and tired face. I was grateful for the effort he made in the search even though he isn't aware that it is his child. I could picture what he would be doing right now, if only he knew.

"We should go home, "

"I told you I'm not leaving this place with Alvin."

"I understand you, but they are closing the park."

"Then let them close. I'm not moving an inch."

"Don't make me do this the hard way," He was looking at me like I was a piece of a puzzle he was trying to put together.

"I'm not changing my mind." Just by seeing that evil smile on his face, I knew he took it as a challenge. And he would make sure he wins.

"Fine, you chose it," Not even a second for me to register what he said, I was hanging upside down on his shoulders. I wriggled myself out of his hold but he only tightened his hold and I felt us moving, Veronica and Eva behind us.

He released me after making sure that I was safely secured by the seatbelt in his car and he drove back home.

Every time a phone rings, I jump hoping that they are calling that they found him. With nothing else to do, I curled up on the sofa, rocking myself back and forth before I broke down.

"We will find him, stop making yourself miserable!" Leon chastised me, resting my head on his lap as he ran his fingers down my hair. It was that simple action that had calmed me and soon drifted me off to sleep.

I woke up with the sound of a phone vibrating. Leon answered the call and he immediately smiled after hearing what the person on the other hand told him. Had they found him? I got up quickly and approached him.

"Have they found him?"

"Yes, let's go get him..." Without wasting another minute, we all got out of the door and into the car.

The car had barely stopped, when I flew out. There in front of me stood my boy frightened and crying. When he saw me he came running and we collided in a hug

"Mo....mommy... I...."

"Shhh, don't cry. Mommy is here now!" I cuddled him, soothing both him and myself.

"Thank you very much, sir." Leon thanked the man who found him and that is when I realized that I haven't.

"I don't know how I could repay you." I said, drying my tears.

"You two stop it. I feel like an angel! But I'm also glad that the boy found his parents. He couldn't stop crying."

At that Leon glanced at me and I looked away. Luckily, he didn't press it and he took us back.

"Mommy, I want to see my present!" He pouted and I got it from the couch.

"Okay....close your eyes..." He did and I unwrapped the box and said, "Okay, now you can open your eyes."

The moment his eyes opened, he squealed. It was a toy block box. I knew he loved building things especially at the beach in Italy. He spends his whole time building sand castles. That is why I knew this would be a perfect gift to him.

"By the looks of it, you like to build, young man." Leon commented, smiling.

"Yes! I want to be a builder in the future."

"That's great. Maybe you will be building where we will stay when we get too old to walk." That got them both laughing and I saw how we could be a happy and normal family.

"As much as I would like to stay with you and chat, I have to go." Leon said, looking at him and then at me.

"Alvin, go with Eva to your room, I'll come in a minute." He bid him goodbye and I accompanied Leon to the door.

"Thank you so much for what you did today even if we are not on good terms." He looked at me for a second before he said something.

"You are welcome. But we are not done yet, Rose." Then he left.

Rose.

He still calls me that name after this time?

"Are you coming inside or are you going to continue standing there?" Veronica said coming up besides me.

"I think it is time for him to know the truth and settle your differences."

"Do you think he will be mad for keeping him?" I was afraid of that, and that's what kept me from telling him.

"If I was in his shoes, I would. But when I saw them chatting and laughing together, I'm sure he wouldn't be mad."

"Do you think we have a future together?"

"I see nothing that can stop you."

But I had to solve something before. I have to talk to Emily and my mother. I have to face my problems, I'm tired of running away from them.

I won't be a coward again.

************

Two chapters to go 😭😭😭!!

I don't want to finish this 😩