📍Chapter 33 📍

"I have so many questions in my head right now that prevent me from getting any sleep at night

"I have so many questions in my head right now that prevent me from getting any sleep at night." I murmured.

Me and Kevin were currently sitting in a coffee shop after ending our meeting one hour ago. He looked at me with a worried face.

"I have never seen you like this, Leon. Not even when Liza died."

"Maybe it is because it is the second time my life shattered!" I ran a hand through my hair frustrated then my eyes caught something.

She was sitting at a few tables ahead of us with her son, the other woman who brought her son and a little girl. They looked happy as they averted their eyes on a servant who was carrying a cake. Shortly they all started to sing for the boy 'happy birthday'. Some random people even helped them sing.

I couldn't take my eyes from them no matter how I wanted to. I fixed my gaze towards them feeling a dull ache in my heart. I have been wondering if she had ever loved me even when she took her sister's place. But from the looks of it, she didn't. Because as soon as things between us ended, she went running towards another man who even gave her a son.

"You know, you can always go and ask whatever is swimming around your thoughts in that head of yours." Kevin proposed and that same moment she looked out of place meeting my gaze. Her smile fell and she became uncomfortable.

She only looked away when her son came hugging her as she took him in her arms and kissed him. Moments later, she glanced towards our table again but this time, her eyes looked like they were telling me some kind of message I couldn't decipher.

"What could I possibly ask her? I don't even know where to start from. Besides what do I gain from that when I see her that she has made her life."

"Do you realize that that child could be yours?" I shot a look at Kevin as what he said registered in my head. "Don't look at me like that, because that child is three years old, which is exactly the time passed after the last time you saw each other."

Suddenly, I couldn't breathe. Is it possible that I may be seeing my son in front of me?

When I saw them standing up ready to leave, something clicked in my head and I found myself walking towards them.

"Emma, " she froze on the door when I called her. She slowly turned around and I saw sadness and worry in her eyes.

"Can we talk?" She glanced over where her son was and I knew what she was going to say.

"Right now, I can't. It's my son's birthday and I have to be with him."

"I know but I also need some answers. I can always go with you where you are going, " I almost slapped myself for what I just said.

With a defeated sigh, she nodded.

"Mommy, who is this?" Her son asked her and I took my time staring at him to see if we had any resemblances.