📍Chapter 27📍

1 day prior.

I felt happy.

I swear I was not prepared with the decision The Russo took.

They were known to be stubborn and sometimes it took weeks before they were convinced to sign anything.

I guess they were convinced by my baby.

The smile on her face showed that she was happy with her achievements and I was proud of her.

Told you would make it." I whispered in my ear, smelling that smell I was addicted to.

She turned and gave me a genuine smile before my dad came along.

"What took you so long dad?"

"Well, I think my stay there helped me a lot so I decided to stay longer. And after seeing this, I am convinced that my business is in good hands."

"Thanks to my dear wife." I said pulling Emily on my side to engage her in the conversation.

"How have you been Emily?" My dad started.

"I'm good and I see that you have improved as well." She offered her hand and they shook hands.

"It sure did. But I would like to have a word with you. Leon, could you lend me your wife for a moment?" I nodded and left me alone to go and finalize the last details with Mr. Russo.

We were driving back when Emily glanced at me and asked, "What are you smiling at?"

"I just feel happy, that's all." I didn't realize that I was even smiling. I glanced at dad in the reviewer mirror and he gave me a curt nod.

Upon reaching home, she stopped me saying that they were things we had to discuss. I had noticed how she was being strange lately, especially after the conversation she had with my dad.

"Yes, I know that we have to discuss some things. That is why I prepared for the trip."

She was surprised, clearly not expecting that.

"To where?"

"It is a surprise. Now go and get ready, we are leaving today." I added and she hesitated before she gave in and went inside.

"Does mom know that you are back..." I was interrupted by someone colliding with my body due to the full speed she was running at.

It was November.

"Watch where you are going". I shouted behind her but she kept running and my dad chuckled, shaking his head.

"I guess she's getting crazy." He commented.

"I wonder where she is going. Well I have to take a leave with my wife for a few days, I'll see you when I come back. Let me hope you won't have travelled again!"