📍Chapter 30📍

"Are we going out, mommy?" Alvin asked me, looking at me and begging me with those baby eyes that reflected Leon at a young age

How could I refuse him when he was looking at me like that?

I pulled him towards me and made him sit on my lap while I tickled him until he had a hard time breathing.

His laugh was like a melody in my ears that I couldn't get used to no matter how many times I heard it.

It was a habit. Every Thursday after school, we always go to the park and have mother and child time alone. He loved this day in particular because of that.

"Wherever you want to go, prince charming, " I smiled at him as he jumped up and down in squeals.

"Sometimes I think that you spoil him too much." Valentina said.

"Believe me I will shower him with everything I couldn't get and I don't mind."

At that moment my phone vibrates displaying Veronica's ID.

"Do you have time? We have to talk." She sounded so serious that I started to get worried.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, but we need to discuss something. Do you have time?"

"Sure, I'm just going out with my son, maybe we can meet there."

"Okay, then I will bring my daughter as well." We ended the call and me and Alvin headed out.

When I first arrived in Italy, I lived with Veronica and her husband the first four weeks.

With her help, I overcame heartbreak and saw life in another perspective. It was hard. It was hard to wake up every morning feeling a dull ache in my heart. Feeling drained and empty inside. And most importantly, missing Leon so much.

It seemed like days weren't moving at all.

Eventually I became numb and Veronica freaked out and took me to see a doctor. That is when I found out I was pregnant and had something to live for again.

After this, I moved out and went to live with Valentina who took me in without waiting for anything in return.

She was like a mother to me whenever I needed her. She offered her advice on how to raise a child - since she had lost hers -and accompanied me in my pregnancy as well as delivery.

I was afraid that my son would ask me about his father, but he seemed content with having me alone and Valentina, whom he considered a grandma. Not that I was complaining.

Without even realizing it, three years had passed and Alvin was going to start school while I proceeded with searching for a job.

Of course, I wasn't lucky. Nevertheless, she was always there for me.