📍Chapter 7📍

Be prepared you are in for a loooong chapter to compensate for a late update and I hope this finds you well with your families. Enjoy!

It has been a couple of days since I last saw my dear husband Leon.

It feels just great not to see his face or hear his voice. Now my life is peaceful. I don't need to shout or snap at someone. Moreover I have been spending time with my mom. She can't keep me out of her sight. She wants to see me all the time. Yesterday was the best. We spent the whole afternoon in the garden planting those damn flowers. We went back past eight covered with mud and it took like three hours to fully remove the dirt from my body. How does Emma support this everyday? I have to escape from this misery. This is much worse than supporting Leon everyday.

What had I been thinking?

Now we are sitting at the table having lunch while I am formulating every reason I can get out of my mind to convince my mom that I have to be away for two weeks.

"Mom?"

"Yes dear?" She sounded like someone in a good mood.

"Since I have been around here for awhile I was thinking that maybe I can go somewhere... To enjoy with my friends?"

"Um! That doesn't sound like you Emma, you sound like your sister. Since when did you start liking to go out? You even hated hanging around with your friends!" She said watching me with that gaze they throw to people in interrogation rooms.

"I know but this has changed and I want to enjoy my life before I get married! A thing Emily didn't get to enjoy." I reason.

"What exactly are you going to do?"

"Don't worry ma I'm going with my friends to Athens--"

"Athens!!" She exclaimed her fork dropping on the plate and I froze. I'm fucked up.

"Yes! Besides, I think it's a good idea to visit Greece. That way I can find a good university to study in!" I don't even know where that idea came from but university was the last thing on my mind. I wanted to make money instead and travel the world with Jim.

She stared at me for a long time before she agreed; "That's wonderful dear, I'm glad if you really want to continue studying. I'll see what I can sell to get to you into a good university."

Well yes we were that poor that my mom had to sell some of the interiors to be able to do something big. But at least I'm glad that she fell for my trap. Now what I have to do is to call Jim and let him know that our plan is going smoothly. After I leave this house, I have no plan on returning.