Chapter Ten: Missing You

A/N: Sorry for being inactive and didn't update this story i have been so busy with my life like super busy. but I want to finish this story when i have time.thank u for still keep supporting.

***

It was two long days before Jennie saw Jisoo again.

Jennie was racked with guilt about having brought Jisoo into town and exposing Jisoo to those lecherous reporters, hungry for the last few details of a story they had already milked to death.

Jennie had known they were looking for Jisoo, but tried to remind herself that she was only trying to show Jisoo a good time, get Jisoo confidence up, get Jisoo mind off things, remind Jisoo she was talented without her Grammy-winning ex-wife.

Hell, Jennie mused, Jisoo had joked that she was undercover, hadn't she? Jisoo knew the risks as well. Jennie began to feel angry with Jisoo for this unwarranted silent treatment.

Jennie sat by the campfire with her parents making casual chit-chat, but the effort to seem cheerful was exhausting. She worked on her tan during the day and finished Gone With the Wind, anything to keep her mind occupied and off of the bitter disappointment she now sensed.

It was funny, Jennie thought, that she had come out to the cottage to get away, to be alone, and yet now the absence of someone she wasn't even expecting to come along was hurting so badly.

As Jennie rowed the canoe across the serene surface of the lake, an activity that had always lifted her spirit in summers past, her mind wandered to the unwanted phone call she had received in the bathroom at the karaoke bar. She felt a rush of adrenaline at the memory.

Jennie remembered all the nights going to bed alone while Taehyung made excuses. Bad ones, like video games, or updating pointless spreadsheets he kept to track every mundane detail of his life.

She gritted her teeth thinking of all the times she'd grabbed for his hand during a movie, or kissed his neck while he cooked, and the way he'd pull away or say something objectively unsexy to squash her mood.

And now? Now he wanted to talk, he thought their breakup had been a mistake. What she wouldn't have given to have him want her while she lived in that lonely apartment.

Jennie had needed Taehyung interest and intimacy while she still craved it herself, but with constant neglect the flame had burned out, and in the end she wanted nothing from him.

And now. Jennie fumed. Now that the spark of her sexual identity was finally being blown black to life, Taehyung wanted her. A part of her deep down, the part that had desperately longed for affection from Taehyung, felt a morsel of satisfaction. Of relief. Of vindication.

She thought of Jisoo and her teasing and laughing, the way Jisoo smiles at her, touches her. Not to mention the few kisses they'd shared, and then the steamy interlude outside the bar that was so rudely interrupted.

Jisoo had been hesitant at first, passing up a sexy - as - hell moment in the lake, but she seemed to have come around. Now she stayed away. Jennie was sick of the hot and cold treatment.

Jennie paddled the canoe gently along the banks of the lake. She resented the fact that Taehyung and Jisoo were occupying almost all of her waking thoughts. This wasn't her at all.

Before she knew it she was as far from the cottage as she could get, gliding up to two docks lined with paddle - boats and canoes. It was the lake's rental center. Jennie tied up her canoe and hopped onto the shore, deciding to check things out inside.

The interior was decorated with flyers for the annual Regatta, and Jennie felt a spasm of excitement. She had almost forgotten her favorite part of every summer she'd ever spent out here.