Chapter Seventeen: Team Soojoo or Team Jennie

Jennie strode past her parents who were standing by the fire, awaiting her return. Jiyong opened his mouth to speak, but Jennie raised a hand.

"Not a word. Dad." she spat, and headed up to the boathouse.

She snarled and paced and cursed to hersel, absolutely fed-up with the whole situation.

Isn't there anything more interesting going on in the world? Why does her ex-wife have to be some uber-famous singing pile of tabloid fodder?

Jennie popped Grease into the VCR hoping her go-to cure for bitchy moods, musicals, would work. The initial wave of adrenaline had worn off by Hopelessly Devoted, but she continued to obsess.

She wanted nothing more than to talk to Jisoo about everything that was going on. Surely Jisoo needed more comfort than she did. Jisoo was so close, but so far away. There was no way she could get past the stakeout surrounding her place on all sides.

As the movie wore on, Jennie's eyes grew heavy and she dozed off, dreaming of microphones being thrust in her face and Jisoo being thrown into a pit of reporters, bearing their teeth and trashing sharp claws.

When she opened her eyes again it was morning. Jennie hoisted herself off the sofa and stretched, her body producing various cracks and pops after missing a real bed for a night. The memory of the night before came flooding back and it hit her like a freight train.

Shit is really falling apart now.

She braced herself for what would surely be an upcoming.

What? Breakup?

Although she wasn't sure what to call the end of her time with Jisoo. she knew it would sting.

Jennie crossed the lawn and headed for the cottage for a shower. Jiyong was sitting in a lounger on the porch reading the paper and he glanced up at her. He folded the paper and, without a word, held it out to her.

"Oh God, what now?"

Jiyong said nothing as Jennie went inside and flipped through the pages on her way to her bedroom. She laid it out flat on her bed as she scanned.

She reached the city section, always filled with local gossip, and stared.

There she was in Jisoo's arms, being dipped backwards in a grand romantic kiss through a coffee shop window. She knew this was coming.

The second photo, even larger, took her breath away. It was a beautiful angle, facing down the main stretch of town with the sun setting in the distance. The center frame was her and Jisoo walking. Jisoo was bent over slightly, almost bowing to her, and kissing her hand. As pissed as Jennie was, she was in awe at the magnificence of the photo. Very artsy. Two lovers walking off into the sunset. Her heart almost exploded.

Jisoo had been right. Much better than a frantic snog outside a bar at two in the morning.

She read the article.

"Kim Jisoo cozied up this week to the new woman in her life, Jennie Kim, junior associate at Biggs & Wilson. The two have been spotted together several times, and make no secret of their mutual affection."

Ha! Jennie snorted. Hard to have secrets when you're being stalked.

She continued reading.

Team Soojoo or Team Jennie?
Visit us online and cast your vote!

Jesus. This is officially a phenomenon.

Jennie managed to wait until she was in the shower to have a full-on cry. She didn't need Chaerin or Jiyong to hear how upset she was, yet again, about her relationship. Especially a woman they had warned her to be careful with. There was nothing worse than an I-told-you-so from her parents.