Chapter Twenty Four

Dong Hua

I was looking at the love of my life,safe and sound in my presence I could stay like this forever, a blue bird chirped outside and I left XiaoBai asleep inside.

The blue bird had a message and I was needed back in heaven but I didn't want to go back, I felt small warm arms wrap themselves around my waist. "My love." She greeted and I tried to turn around but she held onto me tightly. "What's wrong honey?" She gasped and I laughed. "You first called me my love, then you get embarrassed." She finally let me see her face. "Look at you, you are so flushed." She smiled. "Dijiun don't tease me." She looked at the blue bird. "Do we have to go back?" She asked and I nodded my head. "I promise we will come back." She nodded my head. "I understand, let's go back." She kissed my hand.

Immediately we left for heaven and Yuka was panicking. "Dijiun you are finally here!" He looked at me then at XiaoBai. "Oh she's also here..." He said but XiaoBai leapt into the sky. "XiaoBai! Where are you going?" I grabbed her back with my magic. "The spring chasm is breaking Dijiun, it will take you a lot of cultivation to put it back together and purify it, so can we hurry and fix it before it breaks." She said impatiently. "Look XiaoBai there's demon soldiers above the spring, if you try repair it they will be trapped inside and they will steal the earth stone that's inside and the goal is protect it." She looked at the sipping black energy. "Dijiun does the stone need to be kept in there?" I nodded my head and she frowned. "Dijiun they are planning to trap you in there!" Her voice sounded dark, I smiled whenever XiaoBai was thinking or concentrating she chews the inside of her cheek. "XiaoBai don't stress, come with me." I put out my hand for her and she took it, when we were at my palace I summoned some of my magic and aimed it at the tearing part making it disappear. "Dijiun!" XiaoBai exclaimed and the demon soldiers fell down, XiaoBai looked speechless. "You have two minutes to tell me why you are trying to steal the earth stone." I said to one of the soldiers. "We will never tell you anything." They said before disappearing, just then Wan Xue came. "Dijiun, XiaoJiu." He said in greeting, a small smile plastered on XiaoBai's face. "Wan Xue what are you doing here?" She asked in a delighted voice. "I came to speak to Dong Hua Dijiun." He looked at me. "XiaoBai, make us something to eat." She shook her head. "I don't want to leave you." She whispered softly and then she transformed to her fox form. "You're sneaky." I said and she smirked.

We went inside the palace and XiaoBai sat in my arms, Wan Xue was ogling her but I wasn't going to say anything. "Dijiun, Wang Shu came to see me a few days ago, she wanted me to work with her in destroying your relationship with XiaoJiu. I had refused and I know that she won't just give up, so instead she went to Kai and asked for his help." XiaoBai made a snarling sound. "Is that so?" He nodded his head. "XiaoBai stay here with Wan Xue I'll be back.

XiaoJiu

I was worried but at the same time I felt so relaxed and the only reason behind that it was Dijiun. "You look happy." Wan Xue said softly. "I feel happy." I answered truthfully, there was this look in his eyes that tore at my heart but at the same time I didn't know how to address it. "Why did you refuse to help Wang Shu despite the way you feel about me?" His eyes widened and he cleared his voice. "When you like someone you don't ruin their happiness, you make sure that they stay happy even if it's not with you." He smiled. "You do know that Dong Hua would kill for you? I always thought that Dong Hua would never be able to fall in love but I didn't expect that after so many years he would find you." He ran his hand through he's long hair. "I don't believe that you and him were not meant to be, I just think that since he is an Emperor  it was the only proper to have whoever who will be his wife go through some hardships, and you have done everything in your power." He sighed loudly. "I'm afraid Wang Shu will cause havoc between you and Dong Hua." I smiled at him. "I am not afraid of Wang Shu, I can handle her it doesn't matter what she does because Dong Hua is mine." I smiled. "You are indeed mine." He said startling me, he looked calm but his skin was flushed. "Dijiun are you okay?" He nodded his head Wan Xue excused himself as soon as he stepped out Dijiun collapsed in my arms. "Dijiun!" I said panicked and I shook him and he opened his eyes. "XiaoBai you're making noise call Yuka." I placed him on the bed and I ran as  fast as I could when I arrived I was out breath. "Fengjiu what's wrong?" He asked worriedly. "Dijiun collapsed and he asked for you." Immediately he took and me following in his footsteps, when we arrived at the palace Dijiun looked ghostly pale he was still breathing but you could barely tell. "Dijiun what's wrong!? What happened!?" Yuka asked in panic, Dijiun looked at me. "XiaoBai get me some water." He said in a very faint voice. "Give me a kiss before you go." He said and without much thought I kissed him softly and gently, his lips warm and sweet. "I'll be right back." I left quietly to fetch him some water but when I went back Yuka was standing outside with the palace doors closed, a sinking feeling took its place in my heart as the tears pricked my eyes. "What's wrong?" Yuka looked so torn that he couldn't look me in the eyes, it was rare to see the Third Prince sad or crying but at the moment the tears were falling like a flood of rain had been released in his eyes. "Fengjiu take this to Qingqiu." He handed me a sealed box. "What's going on? Why won't you tell me?" I said with a pleading voice. "Do this for me and I will tell you whatever you need to know." He bowed and I bowed right back and I went to Qingqiu.