CHAPTER 26

He looked at the camera with confusion. He took sometime to examine it.

' God knows what this thing is. I've never seen something like this' Jungkook said, scratching his head.

Everybody breath a sigh of relief in the head quarters as they heard him say. Atleast he didn't know what it was or he would tell. He took it and opened the bin and threw it. That was one bad thing because that was the only one placed in bathroom.

The director turned towards the team that had gone to place the microchips in the house. ' How can you guys be so careless?' he said. ' You know how critical and important this mission is right? Do you even have an idea of who we are dealing with? How can you keep it in such an open place?'

Everyone shook their heads. This was the first time the director had spoken like this with them. He was a soft spoken person and was known for his kind and compatible nature. But him shouting like this at his juniors, had surprised everyone. It was so out of the blue that even Mark was surprised by his voice.

' I'm so very disappointed with you all.' he said quietly, and then exited the room. Even after he left, the whole room was silent, because everyone could still not come out of the thing that just happened.

Finally, Mark broke the silence and spoke, ' I'm sure he mean't none of it guys. You know how much he loves all of us like his family. He just doesn't want to put y/n in any kind of danger. She is his favourite niece and he'd do anything to protect her. Let's do better now and try not to make such mistakes. Today, luckily, we got off, but next time it wont be Jungkook but Taehyung or someone else who has knowledge in our field. I'll go talk to him. Everyone back to work.'

Everyone nodded their head and quietly went back to work.

Mark patted Jimin, who still hung his head low. ' Hey, Jimin, It's okay. He is just stressed about it. I'll talk to him. Stop stressing.' He said.

' My whole team got pointed at because of my mistake. I can't believe I was so careless....' Jimin's voice drifted as he said it.

' It's okay. They don't mind at all. And atleast you got a second chance. Not everyone gets one. You know dad loves you more than he loves me. And you know him.' Mark smiled at Jimin.

Jimin looked at him. Mark gave him quick hug and went to his dad's office.

He knocked as he entered the room. The director was pacing the room back and forth with his hands rushing through his hair roughly. Mark tensed before entering.

'Dad, You okay?' Mark asked, placing a hand on his dad's shoulder. He turned around to look at his son. Unpleasantly, he had tears in his eyes.

Mark felt really bad seeing his dad teary. It was the first time he had seen his dad cry.

'No Mark. I don't know what to do. I feel we made a mistake putting y/n into this. I knew it the first day itself. This job was too dangerous for her. She is the only one from my side that I have Mark. When the rest abandoned me, y/n stood by my side, understanding me. Even though she was a kid, she spoke like an adult. She is like my daughter. I can't believe I put her into so much risk. I can't believe I suggested her name...'

' Dad's it's alright. You know how big this mission is and you felt that she was the only one to trust with something as big as this. It's not your fault that you saw her compatible and trust worthy. Stop blaming yourself dad. Maybe because of this choice of yours, we might actually end up succeeding!' 

' But what if something happens to Y/N?'

' Nothing will happen to her. We all will make sure about that. What happenedwith the cams; that was just a minor mistake. I will make sure nothing happens like that again. Now come on, everyone in the security room are sad. I'm sure they need some soft words from you.'

' Yea I'll be there.'

Mark gave his dad a hug and they left for the security room.

Y/N'S POV

As I got out of bed, I heard the bell ring. Can't believe I slept for so long. I went out into the hall to see Jungkook and Taehyung talking. Jungkook had a big bandage around his forehead'.

' Jungkook are you okay? What's wrong with you head? Its big.' I said.
' Uh, yeah I'm fine. I wasn't looking where I was going and ended up... um.. tripping on the staircase.' he said, rubbing his nape. 

' Oh my god Jungkook ssi you did hurt anything else right?'
' No I didn't luckily. Um.. so I'll go now since Taehyung's back'
'yea bye.'

Jungkook left leaving me and Taehyung alone. I went and sat on the couch. Taehyung kept his bag on the table and sat next to me.

' Why was Jungkook here?' 
' Oh my back pain got really severe and there was so much cleaning and stuff to do. So I thought I would call him over for some help.'
' uh okay. But are you feeling good?'
' No, the pain reduced a bit because I took some painkillers but it's still the same. I just woke up.'

'Oh baby, I could have taken leave.'
' No, taehyung its okay. You've already been on many leave's. I'm fine now trust me.'
' okay'

Taehyung got up to go and freshen up. But then he suddenly stopped and slapped his forehead and gave me a cute but goofy look.

' Ah I forgot. I've to tell you something lisa~' he said as he sat next to me and took my hand in his.'
' What is it?'
' Uh.... I've to go to Korea urgently because of some work.' He said scratching his neck.

K-Korea?! Did he come to know about me or the mission?!  What the actual fuck?!

' K-Korea? All of a sudden? Why?'
' It's some work. It's just gonna be for 3 days but. Maximum 4. But I'll be back real soon. I promise.'
' Ugh fine but when are you leaving?'
' Tuesday....'
' After 3 days?! And you tell me this now?!'
' Babe even I got to know today...'
' Wah, Jinja?! You expect me to believe that?!'
' Lisa...'
' No don't talk to me.'

I turned and faced the other way such that my back was facing Taehyung. He put his arms around my waist and placed his chin on my shoulder. I tried to drug him off but it ended up in my back paining more. So I just let it be.

' I knew my baby would get angry,' he said and put a box in front of me. ' That's why I bought you this.'

I opened the box, and in there was a beautiful diamond ring. I looked at Tae who smiled back at me. Like a happy kid I immediately turned around and gave him a hug. 

' Tae?! Seriously? Oh my god its so beautiful.' My eyes shined with happiness.
' It would look more beautiful if you put it on.'

I put on the ring. It was so pretty.  The diamond was heart shaped and the round part of the ring was the shape of an infinity sign. It was the prettiest thing I had seen.

Suddenly Taehyung pulled out his hand and showed me his ring. He was wearing the same one.

He had bought us couple rings! He pulled me closer and gave me a kiss on my forehead. He knew how to take care of my anger.

I hit his chest slightly and his melo-drama began. He put his hands on the place where I hit and acted as if he got shot and made a crying face. I chuckled at his actions. This guy had serious personality issues.