40 | I've Missed You

{an: hiiiii. I hope this is a decent chapter as for the amount of words. I actually had fun writing this and sorry I've been away... I've been getting ready for exams! updating as much as I can so let's do this! 10 or more votes for next update!}

| Dylan |

I've been having a really busy week just trying to get all the contracts signed and confirmations done. I didn't even get time to call mama so that meant I was really quite overworking myself, but it was a rather different experience from what I've had when I worked in Teen Wolf.

As for Selena, she's been doing the same things as I am. She's been heading to vocal lessons and contract signings. I knew that since she recently has been updating her Twitter about the daily happenings through her singing career.

I was currently at home buried in my blankets. The weather had gotten colder in California ever since we came back from New York. I couldn't really complain since Mother Nature was in charge of how she wanted the weather to be.

A sigh came out of my mouth as I pulled the blanket over my head. I just needed some sleep and being alone in the house wasn't helping it. I was always used to having someone around such as Julia, but she had to get educated in the other side of the country. I lifted the blanket up to peek at the alarm on the night stand.

6:13 am. That's the perks of having to get up early everyday just to go to work.

Having all the busiest week ever in my life, I requested for at least a weekend where I was just off. I was hoping Selena would be off too, but before I decide to call her... I realized that it was really early to do anything if someone has been having a busy week. She probably was doing the same thing as me, staying in bed for the longest time in my life.

Once I heard a ding from my phone, I immediately sat up from where I was. I knew that it could be anyone, but it was possible that it could be Selena. I would never know unless I checked. My fingers lightly tapped around the bed to find my handy dandy iPhone. I saw that it was just a notification for a new schedule that was sent through all of the Maze Runner cast. I didn't even bother looking at it since it was my lazy day. I buried myself back in my blanket before I heard another ding. It must've been another notification so I didn't glance at it.

I closed my eyes trying to make time pass, but the dings wouldn't stop. When I finally took a chance to look at it to find Selena's photo eating an ice cream while we were on set for Teen Wolf. I answered her call quickly before I missed her phone call.

Before I could say anything, Selena started to blurt out stuff. "Dylan O'Brien! Why haven't you been answering my text? Are you ignoring me? I'm sorry."

I smiled widely hearing her voice again. If I could listen to her talk all day then I would. I kept quiet just wanting to hear more of her voice.

"Dylan..." I heard a frown when she said my name. "Are you angry with me?"

I shook my head to myself. "No, absolutely not. Why would you think that?"

"You weren't answering me and you're quiet."

I sighed. "Well, it's the first time I'm hearing your voice from a long time. I'm just taking advantage of this phone call since you're probably busy today."

"I actually am." Selena stated making me cringed at the thought of not seeing her until our schedules match. "I'm on my way to my boyfriend's house."

My eyes went wide to what she just told me. "Are you serious? Don't lie to me!"

She giggled in the other line. "I'm not! I even brought you breakfast. Your mom texted me telling that she hasn't texted received a text from you and I knew that you've been having a busy week as well as me. I also wanted to see you."

I was in the midst of tearing up like a baby from what she just told me. "You're the perfect girlfriend, ever. Like, ever."

Selena let out a contented sigh. "Speaking of being a perfect girlfriend, do you mind opening the door for me?"

I hung up the phone and chucked it to the side of my bed hopping off in a quick second. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth in a fast motion. I ran out of my room to go downstairs carefully not slipping from the millions of steps that I took. I took a deep breath and glanced at myself combing my hair to look as neat as can be.

I turned to the door and opened it wide to see Selena holding IHOP bags in her hands with a huge enthusiastic smile on her face. "Good morning!"

My hands immediately wrapped around her waist and pulled her towards me to place a kiss on her lips. Her lips were as soft as I remembered from the sweetest kiss we shared from New Years Eve. Her sudden laugh interrupted our kiss causing me to give her a look. "Did you just brush your teeth?"

I nodded still not knowing why she laughed. "Why?"

"Because I know that you were still in bed when I called you, you just did that so you'd be minty fresh! Right?" Selena asked giggling.

I just rolled my eyes. "You caught me, but you wouldn't have kissed me if I had stinky breath."

She lifted her shoulders. "That is true."

I was a little nervous having Selena over at my house since I haven't bothered picking up after myself ever since I found out about the movie role. Selena set the food on the table while I picked some forks, spoons and plates just in case she wanted to eat in a different way. When I turned around I saw her heading to the living room and that was a bad direction.

"Dylan! Why is it messy here?" Selena asked out loud before she was already picking the trash around.

I caught her waist pulling her towards me. "Selena, Selena, Selena. We're supposed to be eating not cleaning." She was trying to wiggle out of my arms, but I decided to pepper kisses on her face. "I promise to help you clean right after we eat."

She stopped. "Okay, okay. We'll go eat."

We headed back in the kitchen and settled into our seats. I got up one more time and gave a quick peck in Selena's lips. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, Dylan! Now let's eat!" Selena chewed on her food as well as I did.

It was nice having her back.

{an: comments are the best bc i luv reading what you guys think about this chapter. yay!}