Thirteen

Eva

"Please, these are plenty of clothes. I really don't need all of them." I sigh as Alexander's sister keeps piling clothes in my arms.

"Okay, I think that's all of it. Trust me, you'll need more than you think." Sophia says softly. I just smile and shuffle awkwardly.

"Can help me get back to the room?" I ask, my voice slightly muffled from the heap of clothes in my arms.

"Oh! Silly me, hold on a sec." She chirps and I can hear the door opening, then closing.

"Sophia?" I call out and hear nothing. I just sigh and feel the weight making me want to drop my arms.

"She just needs help, don't be such a prude." I hear Sophia's voice as the door opens again.

"I don't have time. Oh, oh my." I hear a mans voice followed by some chuckling. I turn around and the heap falls out of my arms to the floor. I stare at them, then look up to see Alexander standing there with a smile on his face.

"How about helping me instead of laughing at me." I snap and he clears his throat, still grinning.

"Yeah, of course. Sis, grab a bag or something." He says and walks over to me, helping me pick up the clothes. Sofia comes out with an empty laundry basket and puts it down to my left.

"Just use this and bring it back when done." She smiles at me. I nod my head and Alexander and I bend down to start picking up clothes. However, once we're both down we bonk our foreheads together. I fall on my ass and glare at him.

"Ow." I growl and he just sighs, rolling his eyes.

"Have you ever heard of a sense of humor?" He snaps and we continue to throw my new clothes in the basket.

"Have you ever heard of human decency? Apparently not because I'm here." I retort and hear Sophia suck a breath through her teeth.

"And that's my cue! See ya guys later." She squeaks, leaving me and Alexander alone.

"What happened to cordial?" Alexander asks and I sigh, throwing the last shirt in the basket.

"What happened to kidnapping people being punished?" I snap and he crosses his arms, staring down at me. Sure, I wasn't tall. Okay my five foot four stature was tiny compared to him, but I wasn't phased.

"You're going to get on my nerves if you keep talking to me like that. We had a deal, remember? You play along and then as soon as I take over completely, you're gone." He growls and I put my good arm on my hip, leaning on my left leg and sticking my right one out straight.

"And what do I do when your dad gets mad and takes back his control? Then hunts me down? What about a divorce? It's not like I can get married again unless we get divorced." I argue and he sighs, grabbing the basket.

"I don't wanna talk about this right now." He grumbles and leaves me behind.

"Really?!" I shout and stomp after him.

"Well I do!" I yell and he just continues walking towards the room. I slam the door behind me and clench my fist at my side.

"Will you stop for five minutes?! Do you even realize where the fuck you are?! Do you really think that you're in any position to be yelling at me like this?!" He shouts, his deep voice booming through the room. A small vein pops out on his forehead and I watch as he clenches his fists.

"What are you gonna do Alexander? Beat me again?" I ask, quietly seething. He just runs a hand down his face and walks backwards, sitting on the bed.