Nineteen

Alexander's pov

My body hurt all over, aches and pains everywhere. I didn't dare move though, the thought of waking a peacefully sleeping Eva was not a nice thought. She'd probably get embarrassed and try and run away. I stare at her sleeping face, she looks so peaceful. So beautiful.

I move a little onto my back more, then she groans and wiggles around. I wrap my arm back around her and she nuzzles her face into my chest. I don't think I've ever felt so comfortable, even though having her pressed against me like this hurts a lot.

She moans and grumbles in her sleep and I can't help but let out a little chuckle.

"What're you laughing at?" Her raspy voice asks and I smile.

"You in all your glory." I smile and boop the tip of her nose with my finger.

"Good morning lovebirds!" Johnson shouts and rips the curtains open. I immediately send him a glare and Eva jumps so hard I think she shed a layer of skin.

"Doc. Go away." She grumbles and burrows her face in my body, hiding from the light.

"No can do. You, however need to get into your own bed. Alexander's body is very fragile no matter how inviting it is." He chides softly and she groans sitting up, her hair all over the place.

"Inviting? That's an interesting word to use doc." She stabs sarcastically and he blushes. Johnson has always been a very gentle sensitive and quiet person. Very caring. Honestly, how he ended up here is a sad story. Not mine to tell.

"Yeah yeah keep teasing while you're in bed." Johnson shrugs her off and walks over to me injecting something into my iv.

I can feel a warm sensation flush through my veins and a fuzzy feeling take over my chest.

"Okay, for the most part we're just gonna have you rest and keep you medicated to help with the pain. You should be able to leave tomorrow or the day after." He explains to me. I just close my eyes and nod my head as my pain slowly starts to fade away.

"What about me doc, when can I get out of here?" Eva asks and Johnson looks over to her. He walks over, and crossed his arms.

"You have head injuries, your case is a lot more severe even if we can't see it on the surface. I'm actually going to need to run some more tests, I've scheduled a ct scan and a mri at a nearby hospital. Speaking of, how is your head feeling?" He ends asking her, I look over to her and can tell she's in deep thought. Her bottom lip rolls between her teeth and then she sighs.

"I have a headache. And sometimes the light hurts my eyes." She mumbles, fiddling with the blanket.

"Mm, I see. Do you have any memory loss? Do you know where you are? What year it is? When's your birthday?" She laughs a little then sighs again.

"To be fair I've never necessarily known where we are. It's 2018, my birthday is October fourth, and as far as I know I don't have memory loss." She answers his questions and I realize she has never known where she is. She's known nothing but this house since she's been here. In Russia. God I wonder how she'll react when she finds out that she's in a different country.

"That's fair. Well it's good that you have no memory loss, the scans are scheduled for three pm. It's now nine, so you have some time to relax before then. I'll let you two be for now, but I'll be back later." He finishes up offering us both a smile before leaving. A sigh comes from my left and I look over at Eva. She's staring up at the lights, still rolling her lip between her teeth.

"Are you alright?" I ask and her eyes shoot to me. Her lip pops out and she holds my gaze a second before sighing again and looking away.

"Where are we?" She asks and now it's my turn to sigh.