Two

Eva Cipriano

"Hi there! What can I get for you guys today?" A bubbly lady asks as she pulls out her little notepad. I recognize her instantly and a cheesy smile takes over my features.

"Oh my god, Eva? I haven't seen you in forever!" She squeals and I stand up to hug my friend.

"Hi Ally, yeah I know. I haven't had time to come in as often as I used to." I explain and sit back down. She studies the table and the two men across from me and smiles.

"Business meeting. Alright, well I'll get your usual. What will you two gentlemen have?" She asks and Rafael smiles widely at her.

"What do you think is the best?" He asks and I look at the exchange between the two people. She shifts awkwardly and lets out a little laugh.

"Well, um. It all depends on personal preference. But I like the waffles best." She answers and he nods, closing his menu.

"Then that's what I'll have." He smiles and hands her the menu.

"Good choice, and for you sir?" She asks Mr. Moretti and he looks at her with stern eyes.

"Just a grilled cheese." He answers and hands her his menu.

"Alrighty. I'll be right back with that. Good to see you love." She rests her hand on my shoulder before walking away. I look at the men and notice Rafael watching her walk away. Ally was beautiful, deep auburn hair and bright green eyes. Her face is littered with freckles and she's thin, but she has a great figure.

"Raf quit staring." Mr. Moretti commands and Rafael keeps on looking.

"No can do boss, I think I just fell in love." He says and I can't help but laugh.

"Alright, we came here for business. Not pleasure," I send a quick look to Rafael. "So, lets get down to business."

"I agree. I want the bar, but we need to talk numbers. How much is the original asking price?" He asks and I look at him, confused.

"The original asking price is much higher than the price now. Why would you be concerned about it?" I ask out of curiosity and he smirks.

"Tesoro, don't worry. Just tell me the price so we can begin talking about me buying." He says and I'm a little surprised at the name he calls me. Nonetheless I pull out my file and grab the paper with the original asking price.
(Sweetheart/treasure)

"Two hundred thousand." I answer and he nods his head.

"Here you go sweets. Your guys' food will be out in a jiffy." Ally sets my spinach chicken wrap down and I smile up at her.

"Thank you." I thank and watch her and Rafael share intimate eye contact.

"Of course." She smiles back and walks away. I grab one half of my wrap and take a bite, savoring the delicious flavor.

"Two hundred. Good, and the price now is what?" He asks and I swallow my bite down and look through the papers.

"One hundred fiftteen thousand, like I said. The value has dropped a lot over the past three years due to lack of interest." I answer, explaining the price difference.