Birthday Boy

I'm so sorry, Homiesexuals! Its been too long. I've been busy. I had Christmas, New Years, parties, birthdays, and I got a boyfriend. AND I FOUND A NEW OBSESSION!!! YAY! Anyway, here's the long awaited chapie.

____________________________________________

*Kai's P.O.V.*

Its been two weeks since I became Alpha, and, luckily, Titan was not pregnant. We didn't need a kid right now. Right now, I was sat in my office, signing things and reading documents. If I had to describe it in one word; boring. My legs had fallen asleep about an hour ago and I was starting to get a migraine.

Titan was still asleep in the other room. He hadn't been sleeping well at night, and most days he slept in till around three in the afternoon. Just then, I heard a soft knock at the door, followed by Titan's voice. "Can I come in?" He asked, his voice sounding funny from his stuffy nose. "Yeah." I said, picking up another piece of paper.

Titan walked in, a blanket wrapped around his shoulders and his hair sticking to his forehead. He was sick, which was rare for wolves to be. He had a stuffy nose, watery eyes, a fever, and cold chills. The flu. I felt so bad for him. He would wake up in the night coughing and puking. There was nothing I could do to help either.

He smiled brightly, despite his illness, saying, "I got your card." I smiled too. Today was his birthday, and I had left him a card this morning. It was just a cheesy poem and a gift certificate to some fancy restaurant we could go to when he felt better.

"Thanks, Kai." He said, wiping his nose with the back of his hand. He looked so sleepy. "You should go back to sleep." I said seriously, causing him to frown. "No, I feel fine." He said, followed by a fit of coughs. I crossed my arms and stared at him with a stern look. He wrapped the blanket around him tighter and shifted his gaze.

"I had a nightmare." He said, still avoiding my gaze. I sighed, he'd been having a lot if those too. "I'll lay with you until you fall asleep if you like." I said as I stood up. He held his hands out, a frantic look on his face as the blanket fell off his shoulders. "No, you might get sick." He said, his hands against my chest as he tried to keep me in place.

I grabbed his hands and kissed each of his knuckles. "I would've already been sick by now if that was the case." I said before picking up him and the blanket and carrying them to our room. I laid down in the bed with Titan as he cuddled into my chest.

His eyes were closed and his breathing steady. I kissed the top of his head and wrapped the blankets around us. We needed to break his fever. "Sweet dreams, Birthday Boy." I said quietly as I heard small snores escape his lips. "Sweet dreams" I whispered before I too fell into oblivion.