Rejected?

Picture of Kai above ^^^^

______________________________________________

  *Kai's P.O.V.*

This was it. Today is the day. I'm eighteen, which means I could find my mate. "Kai!" I heard Rochelle scream from behind the closed bathroom door. "What, Rocky?" I said, combing my hair. "Its my turn!" She screamed through the door, knocking on it. "Unless you want to do my hair, you'll wait another five minutes." I said, focusing on my knotted brown hair. "Ugh!" She screamed, stomping away.

  I could hear her as she went to go complain to Dad, saying how I was hogging the bathroom. I heard Dad's light footsteps walking up the stairs and towards the bathroom door. He knocked quietly, asking, "Kai?" I made a noise, signaling I was listening.

  "Its Rochelle's turn, Honey." He said, his voice soft. Dad was so sweet, and small. I found it almost impossible to say no to him; he looked so fragile. "Okay, Dad. I'll be out in a second." I replied. "Thank you, Baby Boy." He said before walking away. I never told him off for calling me that, mostly because I was afraid of hurting his feelings. Him and Father had always called me that, but Father never called me it. Not since I turned thirteen.

  I stepped out if the bathroom, Rochelle looking slightly annoyed as she stood outside in a robe, bathroom necessities in hand. "Happy birthday." She mumbled grumpily before walking into the bathroom. I stepped down the stairs quickly, only to find Dad at the stove and Father sitting at the table reading a newspaper.

  "Happy birthday, Baby Boy!" Dad said, turning to me and hugging me tightly. He was very small compared to me, almost a foot and a half shorter. I hugged him back gently, smiling at his affection. He stepped back and wiped his cheeks. He was crying.

  "So grown up." He whispered, partly sad, partly astonished. "Its okay, Dad. I'll always be your Baby Boy." I said softly, hugging him again. Dad began to sob, and I felt bad. Father stood up and took Dad from my arms. He picked him up comfortingly, whispering in his ear. Soon, Dad calmed down and continued Hus cooking.

  I sat across the table from Father, Andy, Alexander, Rochelle, and Daniel joining us shortly after. We made small talk before we all set off walking to school.

________________________________________________

  All through my first three blocks, I got many backslaps and high fives, but couldn't focus. I was very set on finding my mate. I daydreamed if finding him or her, and having a love like Father and Dads'. On my way to lunch with my soon to be Beta and Gamma, I caught a scent. A scent that rode my brain into overdrive. I mumbled a goodbye to my friends, following the smell.

  After a few minutes, the trail I'd been following led me to the Art Room. The lights were off, but I could tell my mate was in there. I took a deep breath; this was it. I could do this. I stepped in the room, flipping in the light. I watched as my mate looked up at me, horrified. I froze in my tracks.

  He was Titan, my mate was Titan. His grey eyes were red, tears stained his cheeks, along with the eyeliner he wore. His died red hair was clung to his forehead as he stared at me. He was my childhood best friend, and as I looked into his eyes, I regretted every desicion I ever made when it came to him.

  When I turned thirteen, I got acquainted into the popular group and left Titan by himself. "Titan." I whispered, my voice strained. "K-Kai." He stuttered as tears pooled in his eyes. I took a step towards him, causing him to flinch. "Don't. Come. Near me." He said, his voice shaky. My heart broke when he said those four words.

  "I hate you Kai Noah Adams. I hate you, just like you hated me. I reject you." He said, standing up. "W-What?" I asked, stuttering. He looked back up at me, anger in his puffy red eyes. "I reject you!" He yelled before running out of the room crying. I fell to the floor, my heart tearing in two. I felt my wolf howling in pain, and it was my fault. I'd done this to myself, and I deserved the pain.

  I stood up, the pain in my heart left me wanting to break down and cry. I ran out of the door and out of the school. I ran home, leaving all my books behind. I busted through the door, running to my room.

  I sobbed loudly, trying to muffle my cries with my pillow. I heard Dad's quick but light footsteps running up the steps. I heard him run through the door and stop. I heard his breathing hitch. Dad hadn't seen me cry since I was little, so I knew this was very odd for him. "Baby Boy." He whispered sadly.

  I felt the bed dip and him wrap his small arms around me comfortingly. "He rejected me, Dad. He rejected me." I said, crying harder. I felt his tear drops on my back as he cried with me. I felt so fragile, so breakable. "I don't know what to do." I whispered. I heard Dad sigh shakily before replying, "Me either, Baby Boy. Me either."