Chapter 13~Steve

Waking up to the sound of something running, the something that may have destroyed your sleeping area (meaning they could've easily killed me in my sleep), is not a wonderful thing to wake up from.

My wool I was sleeping on was gone and so were a few leaf blocks surrounding me. I had to go and look for, who knows what?

I got up and jumped down from the tree. I started walking towards where I heard a village was. But when I got there, everything was quiet. And the village showed like all that lived there was a silver fish. I guess it made itself at hom with the stone blocks for the walking path.

The sun was high up, coming from Northwest. And I swear I heard a faint whisper in the wind of Hero bread. Whatever that was, it sounded delicious. And I was hungry. Maybe if I knocked on a house's door...

Notch! There wasn't even an iron golem! What happened at night if a horde of zombies came? What if no one lived here?

"Steve, you hav-"

I jerked around, almost falling down from the gust of air. I see who it is.

Amber. I feeling of relief washes over me. I noticed she had changed her clothes, not that I'm weird or anything. In Minecraftia, not many people change appearance. I always stay in my simple cyan shirt and jeans. Never growing out or dying my hair.

She had changed into a white, black, and grey suit. Her hair was dyed apple red with a iron helmet to top it off. Her eyes were a lighter shade of blue.

"Amber?" I asked.

"So I change my appearance every day? I normally don't dye my hair red... just felt like I didn't want anyone to know what I know or who I am," she stated.

"Huh?" I breath out.

She looked at me with fear in her eyes. And Amber didn't look like the fearful type. When I first met her, she stood her ground with a weak sword compared to mine and told me off.

What I'm trying to say, this was a new thing.

I then noticed Bert was blocks from Amber. What was he doing her. I specifically told him to stay in case anyone came... oh. Amber must've came and took him with her. And he looks more corpulent than ever! So much for a diet.

"Not safe. Especially in this village! We gotta go somewhere..." her eyes wandered around frantically, as if looking for something lost.

"Where? My house is too far if you want to go somewhere private," I narrowed my eyes at her.

"We'll go to the black smith's office. I'm positive he's not there," she led the way.

I was about to ask why he wouldn't be there. It's his job to be there. She opened the door and closed it behind her. It was small, a chest, table, and chair occupied the room. Bert immediately went on the table.

"Okay, what'd you have to tell me?" I questioned.

"Herobrine," she said in a whisper. Suddenly that whisper sounded like the whisper of hero bread. Was someone in the village talking about him? "Rumors of him are going crazy! Spottings. Burning villages. Everything that he's done before. A group called W.U.T.A.H, We Unite To Assassinatte Herobrine, are wanting to kill Notch since he knows Herobrine. They'll kill you, too! And they break into homes without permission or notice. People are scared of this group!"

I blink, trying to process what she said. Herobrine was the only thing I truly understood. He's back here. I swore Notch banished him from here, that he had to either leave permanently, or stay locked in the Nether, trapped in a bedrock home.

I silently cursed Notch for being so kind to our brother.

"What do we do?" she asked me.

We? I'm not sure if I wanted her involved with this stuff. She's done too much already, I can't ask her to do anymore. I sigh and look into her blue eyes.

"I'm going to find Notch before the group can, and you are going home and pretending you never heard of this stuff or met me at all," I pause. "Or know my location."

She opens her mouth, about to say something. But I give her a stern look and she snaps it shut. Her expression told me she felt hurt from what I said. So I turned away, facing the door.

"Steve, please let me come! I won't be a bother! I'll act like I'm not even there! Please, Steve!" she begged.

"Amber, it's not that I don't want you to come, but you did so much already. And you shouldn't be stuck in this mess. Thanks, Amber, but I need to go find Notch," I say, opening the door.

We both exit with Bert at our heels.

"You can't make me stay home!" She snaps. Her voice goes soft, "I'll follow you, I'll have you know that much."

I groan and glare at her, "Fine! Don't blame me if you die!"

"You think I'll die? Pft! I'm like a killer shark, coming when you least expect it!" she boasts, thrusting her fist in the air.

I laugh and a giggle escapes her lips. Bert snorts, probably the closest thing to a laugh he can get. We walk away from the village, planing a way to find Notch.

Unaware of people from the village watching us.

A/N: It's ny Birthday so as a gift to you all, I am posting two chapters of this book, this one included. So yayay. Finally turning 15. Haha, have a great day, everyone!!!

Minecraft: The Last Strawजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें