The beginning

Arnold

I walked away from the newly dug grave with tears in my eyes, what was I going to do? She was gone.....along with our chance of a family. I had a house, I had a job , I had a good enough life, until now. My dear Amelia....gone just like that. I decided to go for a stroll to lake Arya, which was a shrine to the goddess Arya who transported us here long ago. I wasn't alive at the time, but my father told me we were here to serve some sort of purpose. What kind of purpose? No one knows. I walked through Eluryh(E-lur-ia)'s gates and into the wide open fields. Something felt off. For some reason air the felt thick. I dismissed it and headed for the lake. As I walked it got thicker and thicker until I reached the lake, it felt normal again, like it was building up to me reaching the lake. I sat down on the lakeside and though about my life, how it would be different without Amelia. She was the love of my life and gave me advice when making decisions as mayor. But now it would be a lonely, boring life, I should just retire now, make it easier. All these thought were flowing through my mind when suddenly, I heard a baby's cry coming from the cave behind the lake. "What in the world?.." I ran through the water and held my ear up to the stone. Sure enough, it was a baby! I was old, but many years of being a blacksmith definitely gave me an advantage. I punched the wall and small cracks appeared, I kept punching and the cracks got bigger, but it didn't break. I was losing hope but I decided to run at the wall. I ran as fast as I could shoulder first into the wall and it cracked under my weight. Light shot out from the cracks and I was flung backwards. I stayed down for a few minutes, a bit winded, but got back up on my feet. I hopped over the rubble and found a small stone chamber. In the middle was a stone alter, and positioned on top, a stone crib. I slowly made my way to the middle only to find the source of the crying. A small baby girl was wrapped in crystal white blankets. I gently lifted her out and cradled her in my arms. I didn't understand what was going on. A baby? A chamber? What? Suddenly, I heard a voice coming from outside. I climbed out and looked up to the top of the lake. Something was glowing. "Take care of her". "What, who said that?" I walked closer to the spot that was glowing and realised that it was the source of the voice. "Take care of my daughter. Protect her from evil, For she is the bearer of the fourth triforce.....Take care of her.." The voice faded away, as did the light, and I was left with a child and a very confused mind.