Chapter Twenty Five- Lost in Motion

Three Months Later

Three Months Later

Lori

"Lori, can I see you in my quarters, please?"

I snapped out of my day dream and stood up before straightening out my pencil skirt.

"Yes sir." I quickly replied to Ron, the CEO of the European leg of Atlantic Records on the intercom on my desk.

I'd got hired as his assistant three weeks ago and although it was an okay gig, I was not happy with it.

I had to do something though to get some income coming in to support my sister and my baby.

After delivering Noah two and a half months ago, I instantly started looking for me a gig.

I didn't want to do anything that I'd normally do because I ain't want to be found.

With my savings, I was able to get us an affordable place and buy a used car for us to get around in.

Once the money started to get low, I finally found this job and came right on in and was immediately hired.

Getting a white man's coffee and newspaper and filing his briefs was not ideal, but for the time being, it would suffice.

As long as I could feed and clothe my baby, I was good.

Noah had been a pure joy since his arrival.

He was a gentle spirit that loved to smile and get into things already.

He was very inquisitive and looked so much like Trey that at times staring at him for too long made me sad.

I thought that maybe over time, I'd miss him less, but that couldn't have been further from the truth.

Every morning that I woke up to my beautiful little boy, I saw his face.

Throughout the day, I thought about him constantly.

I wondered what he thought about me.

Had his feelings died? Was he mad at me? Did he think I was dead?

I didn't know what to think or what to do so I stayed put where I knew we were safe.

Morgan had been severely depressed since we'd arrived and while I'm sure helping take care of Noah kept her mind occupied and somewhat fulfilled, I could tell she wasn't really happy.

It actually made me sad for all of us.

Here we were in a totally different country with no one we knew just trying to survive.

What choice did we have though? April was an evil person and the measures she was willing to go through to keep me away from her son were dangerous.

I didn't trust her and I didn't feel safe with her knowing anything about my whereabouts so I had to keep us out of harms way and this was the best idea I had in order to do just that.