Chapter Two- Tonight's the Night

Trey

Trey

"I'm confused as to what you want from me at this point." I said grabbing my gym bag.

I was supposed to be at the gym twenty minutes ago, but of course, my girl wouldn't stop arguing with me long enough for me to leave.

"I want you to actually spend time with me! You just got here this morning and instead of spending some quality time with me, you're running off with your boys to play stupid basketball." She replied tying her robe up before she poured herself a cup of coffee.

"Baby, I told you, I got you. I just really need to do this. Out on the road, I got accustomed to a certain exercise routine and playing ball first thing in the morning is part of that. But as soon as I'm finished," I said throwing my bag down on the floor and walking up to her, "I'm gonna make it up to you."

I grabbed her waist and softly kissed her lips.

Megan was my girlfriend of a year and sometimes if I was honest with myself, I didn't know why we were still together.

She was beautiful, sexy as hell, freaky, and catered to me like no other, but I felt like something was missing with her.

I was trying to be patient with her but her nagging and shit was a headache and a turn off.

She threw her arms around my neck and engaged in the kiss, pulling me in closer and sticking her tongue in my mouth.

"Mmm," I said pulling away and licking my lips, "keep that same energy until I get back."

She quickly pecked me again, "Hurry back."

"I got you, Meg."

I winked at her and grabbed my bag off the floor before leaving.

Hours later...

"Good game." I said out of breath before sitting on the bench and taking a sip of water.

"Yeah, for you. I sucked." Chris replied sitting down beside me.

I laughed, "You don't suck, you just ain't as good as me."

"Yeah, Yeah. I got you next game." He said side eyeing me, "What you got planned your first weekend home?"

"Probably just kick it with my shorty. It's been a while since I been home." I replied.

He nodded, "How is Megan doing these days?"

I shook my head, "Still Megan."

He laughed, "I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing."

I couldn't help but laugh too.

"It could be both. It's like I miss her when I ain't here, but as soon as I get home, she instantly starts nagging me and getting on my fucking nerves." I replied.