Chapter Sixteen- Bye Sis

Trey

Trey

In the middle of my daily jog, my phone started to ring.

I pulled it out the pocket of my sweats to check the ID.

It was my mother.

Stuffing the phone back in my pocket, I continued with my jog around Lori's neighborhood.

I'd woke up this morning feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and actually happy for once.

Last night, Christian spent the entire night with TT Morgan, now her official name from him, snacking and watching movies, while Lori and I did our thing until literally both of our bodies just gave out.

Waking up to her by my side made me feel alive, something I hadn't felt in ages.

I'd woke her up with the best morning sex she'd ever had before going downstairs and making breakfast for us all since her and Morgan had already been so hospitable to me and my son.

After eating, Lori had left for work and Morgan had left for a job interview.

I'd taken Christian to school today so that he could finish out the week strong and say goodbye to his friends and teachers since I was transferring him to a different elementary near our new place next week.

Although our lives were completely tossed upside down yesterday, so far, things were seeming to fall right in place.

As I turned the corner back to Lori's, my phone started vibrating in my pocket again.

"She just won't quit." I mumbled pressing answer on my air pods.

"Hello?"

"So you're ignoring me now?"

"What's up, Ma?"

"You can take the irritation out of your voice." She said harshly, "What the hell is your problem?"

"For the first time in a long time Ma, I actually don't have a problem. The problem I had, I got rid of yesterday." I replied.

"Excuse you? I hope you aren't referring to your wife, your child's mother?"

"Yeah, her." I said.

"Tremaine, I did not raise you to behave this way. You can't just up and leave your wife and take the kid she had away from her! Are you insane?" She shrieked.

"I shouldn't have ever married her from the jump, Ma! That girl and I ain't meant to be! And I ain't take him from her, she told me to take him because if she couldn't have me, she didn't want him! What kind of mother says shit like that? But I'm insane? You can't be serious right now!" I argued.

"The girl wasn't thinking clearly! You blew up her life instantly by confessing your love for your whore! Of course, she got irritational."

"Ma, look, I love you and all, but what you won't do is call Lori a whore. I realize you don't like her cause of how far you're stuck up Megan's ass, but I won't allow you to disrespect her. She's done nothing to you." I said sternly.