Chapter Eighteen- Too Soon

Trey

Trey

Three months had passed and although shit hadn't been easy, I was happier now than I'd ever been.

Megan and I's divorce was set to be final within the next couple of days. I'd won sole custody of Christian and had been granted a temporary restraining order against Megan from the both of us. He still had some sad moments from time to time missing his Mom, but for the most part, he'd completely adjusted to our new life.

He loved Lori and the home we'd made here with her and he even understood now that she and I were a couple. Of course, he was still crazy about Morgan, who had been one of the biggest blessings to he and I by being so down to earth, fun, and authentic. She seemed to really have a soft spot for him and he had the same for her.

I'd taken a little break from my career so that I could sort out my personal affairs, but now that it was pretty much settled, it was time to get back to the grind.

"Dad, can we go to Six Flags?" Christian asked me as we laid in bed.

"When?" I asked rubbing his head soothingly, hoping he would go to sleep soon since he'd been on ten every since he got out of school.

"Soon. I wanna ride some fun rides and play some fun games and win some stuffed animals." He said.

"We'll see what we can do." I replied.

"And can Lori and TT Morgan come?"

I smiled, "Once we decide on when we're going, we'll ask them if they wanna join us, aight?"

"Okay." He said content with my answer.

"Lori!" He yelled as she walked into the room.

"Hey handsome." She smiled weakly at him before coming over and kissing his forehead.

"Hey babe." I said pecking her lips, "you Okay?"

"I've been feeling really weak today. I think I'm just tired." She said yawning.

"My poor baby." I said watching her place her backpack down on the floor, "what did you eat?"

"I haven't had anything since lunch. I had a salad then."

"Well maybe eating something else will make you feel better. Nikki brought me and Christian some gumbo from a creole spot earlier and I got some left. I can go heat it up for you if you'd like." I offered.

"I'm really not hungry."

"But it might make you feel better if you eat something, at least a couple spoonfuls."

She sighed, "You're not gonna stop until I say yes, are you?"

I shook my head as I smirked.

"Fine," She said rolling her eyes jokingly, "fix me some of your gumbo. I'm gonna get in the shower while you got get it ready for me."