Chapter Nineteen- You Not Being for Real

Trey

Trey

"Is he gonna be okay?" I asked.

Christian had fell off the jungle gym during recess at school and fractured his skull and every since his teacher had called me about it, I'd been in a state of panic.

I couldn't sit still. I was nervous, anxious, any other word you can think of for frantic, I was it.

I'd called my mom and Lori as soon as I found out to get some comfort and they both had told me they were on their way.

I prayed again for what felt like the thousandth time that he was okay and that this doctor would give me some good news.

"Trey!"

I turned to see Lori and Morgan running towards me.

"Is he okay?" Lori asked nervously.

I turned back to the doctor.

"Is he?" I asked.

"He has a pretty bad fracture and it seems as if that fracture has caused him to develop symptomatic anemia." She said.

"What does that mean?"

"It means unless we can get him some blood his type, he won't make it."

I took a deep breath as my eyes swelled with tears.

"He's my son, we've gotta be a match, right?" I said.

She nodded, "Yes, you would be perfect. The sooner we can get you back..."

"I'm ready." I said taking off my jacket.

"Good, come on, let's get you back." She said.

I looked back at Lori who was watching me with pure worry etched on her face.

"I love you." She mouthed.

"I love you too." I mouthed back before I disappeared behind the double doors.

" I mouthed back before I disappeared behind the double doors

Lori

Two hours had passed. Although that wasn't really a lot of time, it felt like fucking forever to me.