Chapter Nine- Funny How Time Flies

Five years later

Five years later...

Lori

"Chance, we appreciate you stopping by. It's always a pleasure." I said as I smiled at one of my favorite artist out now, Chance the Rapper.

He pressed his hands together and bowed in my direction, "Lori, the pleasure is always all mine, you know that."

"So sweet," I winked, "LA, that's my time. Thanks for hanging out with me today on your favorite R&B and hip hop station, Power 106. I'ma get on out of here, but not before I leave you with a classic from our guest today. This is No Problems.  See y'all next week. Y'all have a great and safe weekend. It's ya girl, Lori and I'm out."

I took off my headphones and hung them over the mic stand as I finished talking to Chance.

My life had definitely taken a complete shift in five years.

After coming out to LA, I was able to finish school and immediately obtain a job working for the radio station Power 106 with the help of what's his face.

Aside from that, I'd also picked up a side career as well; modeling.

I'd never dreamed of being a model, but after talking to a few very, established people in that industry, they insisted that I try and it had been on and popping for me every since.

I worked for a series of different fashion lines from small names like Pretty Little Thing and Fashion Nova up to Chanel and Versace.

Turns out, coming to LA was the best thing I could of done for myself, career wise that is.

I got my things together and went downstairs before getting in my Bentley truck that I'd recently purchased as a gift to myself and drove off onto the 405 headed home.

After a while, I pulled into my driveway to see a white Tahoe with a Lyft symbol in the dash parked there.

"Who the hell?" I mumbled turning my stereo down before parking and getting out.

"Damn bitch, I thought you was never coming home." Teyana said hopping out the back of the SUV.

I rolled my eyes, "What are you doing here?"

"You ain't happy to see me?" She said poking out her bottom lip.

My face slowly spread into a smile as I ran up and hugged her.

"I was about to say." She smacked her lips as she hugged me back, "How you been?"

"I been good. Why you ain't tell me you was coming?" I said helping her with her bags.

I took out my house keys letting us in.

"I wanted to surprise you. Aren't you surprised?" She said closing the door behind us.

"I am, thoroughly. Come in, make yourself comfortable." I said.

I put my Birkin bag down on the couch and went inside the kitchen and poured two glasses of wine.