Chapter Six- Extra Credit

Trey

Trey

"Everything's cool," I told the production manager at the sound stage, "the only thing I'd say is my mic needs to be a tad louder. Other than that, we good to go."

He assured me that the sound would be perfect when it was time for the show so I grabbed my team and proceeded to leave the premises to head back to my room until show time.

"Here's your phone boss man. It's been ringing off the hook for the last forty five minutes." Nikki, my personal assistant, said to me as I got in the back seat of the Escalade.

"Who is it?" I asked laying my head on the window.

I was sleepy as shit seeing as how I didn't get much rest last night.

"Megan." She replied making me sigh deeply.

She chuckled, "Maybe it's an emergency. She keeps calling back to back."

"Trust me, it's not." I said nonchalantly.

I still hadn't figured out just what I was gonna say to her, but what I did know was that I told Lori I was breaking up with Megan today and that's exactly what I aimed to do.

After the special moment we'd shared last night, I was even more convinced that she and I were worth further exploring. My spirit felt it and if ending the drama filled relationship with Megan helped us move towards that, that's what I was gonna do.

I tried to relax and took a brief nap on the way to the hotel.

Once we arrived, I went upstairs ready to continue my nap but all that went out the window when I opened my suite door and saw Megan sitting on the loveseat with her arms folded.

I rolled my eyes and shut the door behind me.

"What are you doing here?"

She looked shocked by my statement as she held her chest.

"No, hey baby, it's nice to see you? Damn, Trey, I did fly all this way so that we can make up and spend some time together! Why are you so cold towards me?" She cried as she started to get emotional.

I sighed and ran my palm over my face.

"Megan, please, not right now. As I told you yesterday, I don't have the energy to go back and forth with you any more. All I wanna do right now is relax so I'll be ready for my show later on." I said walking back to the bedroom.

"Dammit, Trey!" She said grabbing my arm and turning me towards her as tears ran down her face, "talk to me!"

"What you want me to say to you, Meg? Every time we talk, literally, every fucking time, you're complaining and bitching! The shit is exhausting and at this point, I'm tired of it." I replied truthfully.

She stared at my face in shock that I'd just spoken to her like that.

"I'm not tryna be mean, but it is what it is. Every time you talk to me you telling me what I don't do right. If I'm such a bother to you, why don't you just break up with me?" I added.