Wind in the Willows

Start from the beginning

"I'm guessing that's a good thing."

She pressed her lips to his quickly and Dazai looked at her, surprised, and he felt his face beginning to turn red, but she had turned back towards Elise.

"Stay in this store." She ordered. "Do you need anything?" She saw Dazai looking at her.

"Oh, I'm... happy." His voice was barely a whisper and he rested his head on her shoulder, feeling her warmth.

She ruffled his hair playfully and turned around, checking around for Elise. Pushing her sunglasses back up, she turned back to Dazai for a moment. "Just by the way, my phone was dead for the last couple of days. And I had to get a new jacket. My old one was destroyed in the explosion and I was in need of actual food and wasn't bothered to cook, so that's why I didn't come home until after you left and I couldn't be contacted. I do have a security camera outside my apartment." She began walking after Elise and carrying all her shopping, and Dazai walked out of the store, making his way back to Atsushi.

"Oh, Dazai-san, you're back." Atsushi stopped looking around. "You look significantly better... did something happen?"

"Maybe." Dazai grinned. "I found out someone had faked their death." He had a bright smile on his face, the complete opposite of how he was in the morning.

"Wait, she's alive?" Atsushi said suddenly.

"Hm... who knows?" He shrugged.

"God how much money does Mori have to spend on Elise?" Ren mumbled to herself. "This kid has spent what I earn in a month in three stores."

"Takahashi-san, does this look good?" Elise held up a flowing red dress.

"Looks like something Mori would like. You can get it." They walked into a Japanese store that sold traditional clothing, and there was a katana hanging on the wall.

Elise wandered around the store, but Ren could sense two people behind her, watching. She ignored them at first, waiting for them to do something, but she was still vigilant. She heard wind cutting through the door and she frowned, transferring the bags she was carrying on her right arm which still hadn't completely healed yet, and grabbed the katana on the wall with her left.

"Such a pain. Hopefully you'll let me speak Japanese here, and besides, haven't you broken the agreement already by working with the Tokugawa-kai?" She pulled out a mask from her pocket, putting her sunglasses in one of the bags, and turned towards them. "This outfit is uncomfortable, so excuse me."

She removed her arm quickly, taking off her jacket and rethreading her arm through and setting the bags down on the floor. Her gaze hardening, she pointed the katana at them, and the cashier and the others at the store started screaming as a piece of metal came flying towards Asimov's hand. He made an attempt to control her katana, but it didn't work, and she thought to herself for a moment.

"Asimov. My guess is that your gift relies on ferromagnetism, though you only seem to be able to control solid objects since you're not controlling the iron in my blood. This probably uses grade 316 stainless steel if it isn't ferromagnetic and looks to be quite expensive and good quality." She inspected it a bit, hitting it against the wall. "Soshu Kitae, famously used by the sword smith Masamune. This should be good. I'm surprised you have these lying around random stores. Elise, stand back. I'm alerting the Boss." Bringing out her phone, she said something into it quickly and put it back in her pocket.

"You're a smart one, Midnight. But how did you know about our involvement with the Tokugawa-kai?" Asimove scoffed.

"A magician never reveals their secrets." There was a crash as Asimov smashed the window, causing more people outside to scream and more people to go around them to spectate, where the only place they could look in was through the glass door. "Now, I don't think it'll be the best idea to show that you have special abilities to the public. Who knows what'll happen."