LII. The Great Escape

Start from the beginning

"Jug. Who's telling you this?" Betty asks worried placing a hand on top of his.

"The game. The more I play, the more familiar I become with Eldervair and its rules, the more I see the patterns. The more I understand him or her, and how we'll catch the Gargoyle King. This game is their psychology. It's their imagination. It's how they view Riverdale."

"My mom was right, this game messes with your head."

"Clearly."

"No, no. This is the clarity I needed, this is the truth. G&G's myths, they are our stories. They're our parents' stories. Simple logic, Betty. How do you catch a Game Master? You become a Game Master yourself. That's what I'm doing. And in the end, when I prove that I'm at his level, I'll come face to face with him."

"Fine. As long as you're safe down here, that's one less thing for me to worry about. So you keep playing. I'm going to go figure this out, starting with our nine suspects." Betty says standing up.

"Delia you going to help?" Betty asks

"Yeah of course." I say standing up looking at Jughead before walking out with Betty.

"Okay so who should we start with?" I ask her as we close the lid of the bunker and walk around the woods.

"I was thinking you could find out more of what happened in Chicago maybe it has some clues that could help us connect us to the killer?"

"Alright I'll see what I can find."

-

"You idiots put that down before you stab someone's eye out or before I stab out your eyes." I threaten taken one of the arrows from Fangs hand.

"What's going on here, fellas?" Jughead asks I turn and see him and Toni and Cheryl walk over.

"Toni and I were in her tent having a..rendezvous..." Cheryl starts.

"When this arrow shot right through it. Three feet to the left and I'd be missing an eye right now."

"Yeah, well, we were practicing our aim for the next quest."

"We wanna go off-board, take G&G to the real world."

"I did not come here for us to talk about this stupid, crazy game you guys decided to get into."

"It's not stupid." Fangs says I roll my eyes.

"We heard other groups were doing it.-"

"Other groups? As in plural as in multiple groups?"

"Yes."

"Tough. I'm the Game Master so I decide when we go off-board."

"You're the Serpent King, Jones. Isn't that enough?"

"I've got a suggestion! Why don't you all just take a deep breath and oh yeah go home! You all carry on playing this game you'll end up dead." I say crossing my arms all of them looking at me.

"I'm going home. I hope you all have fun or whatever this game gives you that life doesn't." I say before turning away Sweet Pea being the only one who called my name but he doesn't follow after me, none of them do.

The area is in the middle of the woods and I never really walk out without someone with me especially at night so I become very wary.

It's been ten minutes and I've heard more than a few branches snap and leaves begin stepping on. So I currently have this sharpish branch I found on the floor for protection. I'm seriously considering getting one of those pocket knifes Sweet Pea told me I would apparently need and I thought it was because I am now a serpent and I'll need it to protect myself from like revel gangs but no no I need it because this town is full of fucked up issues and I'll probably die from one of them.